Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sbi/opa. Bad Bad Planning ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19576-sbi-opa-bad-bad-planning.html)

Ron P 03-11-2002 06:59 PM

C Spray and others, I am confused. Please explain to me how a Boat Race on Sunday has any negative effect on a Poker Run on Saturday? Maybe it's me but I can't see the conflict.

The only issue I can see is were a Poker Runner wants to help as a sweep boat for the race. We have moved the race back an hour, made accomdations to get flags and paperwork into their hands without attending a meeting and the Police are going the extra mile to help with inspections at convienient times.

Are you upset because you would have to leave a little early to attend the race? If you don't care about helping with the race then what else could it possibly be?

What am I missing? Please explainwhat are you upset about?

TYPHOON 03-11-2002 07:27 PM

Mike did you and Puder both skip spelling class and hang out in the play ground.Im only kidding guys I also am a bad speller but some times its hard to undestand what you are writing.I know beer kills brain cells but how much did it take?

Shanghied Again 03-11-2002 08:09 PM

Ron, I had to come back and answer the question with a straight answer.
In the boating world we all respect each other and what we do!
NJPPC doesn't plan anything to interfere with any other Sanctioned organazation. OPA/SBI, Billy Frenz, and Poker Runs America ,
Being part of the NJPPC Commitee we are very careful on placing our runs.
But here is the Problem.
Our Breakfast starts at 10:00AM in the morning and is usally not over till 12:00
Ok some of us can leave earlier but some of us can't.
And some don't want to after paying for the full blown breakfast in the Poker Run Fee.
I myself being a commitee member can not make the race in time.
I love helping out and I am a critical sweep boat 5-1 is a big area to operate, Marty Coyle was my side kick and he is racing so there goes 5-1 and 5-2
There are 10 more that I know would love to help out and they can't make it.
Thats were the problem sits and thats why I put Bad Planning!
I am not looking to start a war I have to many friends in the boating world and I would not start one with you because I think of you as a friend.
I hope this answers a few of the questions?

Hauling Trash 03-11-2002 08:11 PM

RON

I`M NOT A MEMBER OF NJPPC

Ron P 03-11-2002 08:25 PM

Thank you Frank, that explained a lot in a sincere and effective way.

On behalf of OPA, NJO and our Sponsors, let me appologize for any incoinvienience this may have caused you and your club members. We are a club that thrives on volunteer support. Without volunteer boats on the water, we have no race. This was an oversight and was not intended to harm our membership. After all, look who really gets hurt in the long run, us.

Frank, maybe the RxR bridge will be down for a while (wink) and we can hold things up a bit beyond 1pm (You know we never get started on time). You know that I'll always do my best to accomadate my friends at NJPPC.

Remember we have two more races in Point and we are going to need a lot of help with the Seaside Ocean race.

And hopefully this will conclude this chapter of "The Prop Turns".

Ron

Boat Girl 03-11-2002 08:42 PM

Frank, Its just a question, but if OPA/SBI is willing to move their schedule a bit, maybe you could start your breakfast at 0900 or even 0930 to maybe accomodate the people that would like to attend both, you stated that it is not fair to make people choose, well, OPA/SBI is trying to accomplish that by adjusting their schedule, why not do the same thing?...Its just a question, not an attack, but both groups would like the same thing and compromise is a 2 way street...

C_Spray you are right, Some people do deserve eachother and I have seen other organizations use these "so-called" tactics, when I first joined this board, people were sending me emails and things trying to suggest one group was better than the other and that since I am new to the sport they just wanted to pass along the information...I honestly feel that this schedule issue is not intentional, it happened lets make the best of it...

One person that did not do that is Ron P, I have never seen him bash any organization on this board, he just passes the popcorn...LOL
;)