Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Rafted up! Show us how you do in on your water. >

Rafted up! Show us how you do in on your water.

Notices

Rafted up! Show us how you do in on your water.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you all carry chlorine with ya

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I was thinking the same thing. A little pee in that water.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MacGyver
That place in Oshkosh is known as Streich. The pictures you see are from one of the Barge Parties. Local band Vic Ferrari would set up on the barge and would be a very wild day. Sadly the events stopped due to I believe insurance issues. I remember one Barge Party where the skies turned ugly and wind kicked up and a lot of boats got damaged, including mine. Ripped a cleat right off the hull
MacGyver, I was there that year too. Got word of what was brew'n and slipped out of there. We were two rows from the barge. Took me 20 minutes to ease out of there, but was clear of all the boats when the wind hit...was one beetch of a ride to Oshkosh with a 30'. Bob and Bob did an awsome job put'n those parties together and the proceeds made huge improvements to the navigation system. All but about three of the lighted buoys from Oshkosh to Freemont were funded from those parties, plus a lot of landings received improvements. It's too bad the insurance company that covered Bob's barge and tug put an end to it. A lot of good things came as a result of those parties and night time navigation became a lot safer...too bad the insurance people couldn't look at it from that perspective.

Do you run the system a lot?

Wayne
Old 09-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Dated

I would like to compare that pic to Woodard Hollow this year. GRDA was saying that it was pulling more boats then Drip now!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab kv
MacGyver, I was there that year too. Got word of what was brew'n and slipped out of there. We were two rows from the barge. Took me 20 minutes to ease out of there, but was clear of all the boats when the wind hit...was one beetch of a ride to Oshkosh with a 30'. Bob and Bob did an awsome job put'n those parties together and the proceeds made huge improvements to the navigation system. All but about three of the lighted buoys from Oshkosh to Freemont were funded from those parties, plus a lot of landings received improvements. It's too bad the insurance company that covered Bob's barge and tug put an end to it. A lot of good things came as a result of those parties and night time navigation became a lot safer...too bad the insurance people couldn't look at it from that perspective.

Do you run the system a lot?

Wayne
I agree, the insurance guys really messed up a good thing.

Winnebago, Poygan, Butte des Morts, Winneconnie and The Wolf river is where I can be found. Usually at Streich or the weed beds on Poygan.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gtsmpuc
I would like to compare that pic to Woodard Hollow this year. GRDA was saying that it was pulling more boats then Drip now!

I wouldn't be suprised. I was up at Woodard a couple times this year and was shocked at the # of boats up there.

That picture from Drip is a couple years old. I have seen it MUCH more crowded than that.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Tough to beat the Moot and Gull Island in lake st. clair....

Heck even bang bus came out to party!
x2 The moot is always a good time
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MacGyver
I agree, the insurance guys really messed up a good thing.

Winnebago, Poygan, Butte des Morts, Winneconnie and The Wolf river is where I can be found. Usually at Streich or the weed beds on Poygan.
Will have to put something together next summer. SCARAB2925 from the board is put’n together a crew to come down from Menominee, MI next year.

Wayne
Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
I wouldn't be suprised. I was up at Woodard a couple times this year and was shocked at the # of boats up there.

That picture from Drip is a couple years old. I have seen it MUCH more crowded than that.
We've been going to Woodard with a lot more regularity towards the end of the season. We've seen a lot less problems with the pontoon full of 19yo drunk kids walking across your boat with a cigarette & spilling a beer all over. Woodard is plenty of fun and a lot less idiots so far!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
We've been going to Woodard with a lot more regularity towards the end of the season. We've seen a lot less problems with the pontoon full of 19yo drunk kids walking across your boat with a cigarette & spilling a beer all over. Woodard is plenty of fun and a lot less idiots so far!
WOW...the drunk with the smoke is tolerated??? I think somebody would be go'n for a swim real quick!!

Quick Reply: Rafted up! Show us how you do in on your water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.