Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Please Help... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195865-please-help.html)

mikes280 09-26-2008 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42 (Post 2698587)
He sure is a player over here :mad:

what a knob-dik.

www.boatfreaks.org

Hope you get your title soon. Chirs, great work as usual.

not any more there then here

lawdocx3 09-26-2008 05:51 PM

Bruin d - You need to file a complaint with the State and locals first. I would file a complaint with the local sheriff's office in Lake Norman NC, and then I would advise you to file a complaint with the NC Department of Justice Http://www.ncdoj.com/.

bruin_d 09-26-2008 06:19 PM

No, he works for Kenny Dean Custom Homes (Scaredy cat is his boss).

bruin_d 09-26-2008 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by lawdocx3 (Post 2698651)
Bruin d - You need to file a complaint with the State and locals first. I would file a complaint with the local sheriff's office in Lake Norman NC, and then I would advise you to file a complaint with the NC Department of Justice Http://www.ncdoj.com/.

I did that with the Sheriff's office this morning but I haven't done it with the Dept of Just. Thanks.

lawdocx3 09-26-2008 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by bruin_d (Post 2698678)
I did that with the Sheriff's office this morning but I haven't done it with the Dept of Just. Thanks.

Good- This is going to cost him a LOT more when law enforcement gets involved. If there is a legit bill of sale (I assume there is) he can be arrested on fraud charges. Being that this boat was taken over state lines and there has been a complaint filed in NC, the feds can then get involved. That is a headache that Apppedigree doesn’t want trust me. In the long run it would be in his best interest to pay the bank the balance, get the title sorted out and take the bank to court later if they are in-fact in the wrong.

divenstar 09-26-2008 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2695526)
You are having a problem with YOUR bank. Why are you making your issue his? Pay the loan off, get the title, then YOU go after your bank for the money owed. He could be waiting for ever for you to clear this up with your bank and all he wants is the title so that you do not screw him on his loan and so that he can use the boat that you sold him.

Amen...

Divenstar:angry-smiley-038:

Racegirl3 09-26-2008 11:50 PM

I realize I've never boat a boat so maybe its totally different but why do so many people give a seller money without getting a title on the spot? and if you now a bank holds the title, why do you not make the check out to the bank to make sure it gets paid off? Why would a lender give you money to buy something and not get a title when you close? Ive never bought a car that the bank has given ME the money ... the check is made out to whomever holds the title ... so why is it different with boats? Somebody educate me please

Audiofn 09-27-2008 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 2698894)
I realize I've never boat a boat so maybe its totally different but why do so many people give a seller money without getting a title on the spot? and if you now a bank holds the title, why do you not make the check out to the bank to make sure it gets paid off? Why would a lender give you money to buy something and not get a title when you close? Ive never bought a car that the bank has given ME the money ... the check is made out to whomever holds the title ... so why is it different with boats? Somebody educate me please

It is not different with boats. The isue comes when I have good credit with my bank and ask them for a loan to buy a boat. They know I am a good credit risk so they allow me to go and buy the boat. In my case I brought a personal check because I did not know how much the deal was going to be for. So we struck the deal and I signed over the check and he was going to hold the title until my check cleared. As soon as my check cleared he was to send the title. I saw the title and that it was clear so I figured all he had to do was to drop it in the mail...... NEVER happened. Lucky for me the boat was old enough that I could register it with out the title. It was a HUGE PITA however.

This case and cases like it are far worse for the buyer. If the bank feels that the seller is in default then they can and WILL come looking for the boat. Bruin_d does not own a boat that he spent a LOT of money on until he gets that title. So if the other bank comes knocking then he is SOL, has to hand over the boat and STILL owes the money to his bank. Same scam that went down with National Marine.

Bruin: I don't mean to freek you out with the above. I would be printing out ALL of this thread so that you can show that this looser admitted that he owed the title and the bank.

phragle 09-27-2008 06:53 AM

Where were you guys 20 years ago?? I could have used some of the oso help back then. Bought my first new motorcycle off the dealer floor, never bought anything before so I got raped on the financing, thats not the bad part. the finance company went belly up the same month my last payment was due. (their office was 1/2 mile from my work so I useede to just walk the payment in) had last payment in hand, doors looked place cleared out. 20 years later I still owe, someone (who knows) $145.00 and theirs still a lean on the title.

Chris Sunkin 09-27-2008 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 2698894)

Enthusiasm has led may people into many dark corners. How many people have been scammed out of money chasing a once-in-a-lifetime deal that later they plainly could recognize all the signs of a scam?

There are rules for these sorts of transactions and Bruin said up front he ignored them. The best part about a thread like this is that someone else might learn from it.