Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Please Help... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195865-please-help.html)

bruin_d 09-29-2008 08:53 PM

Any ideas how I can find out how much is owed?

JCPERF 09-29-2008 09:17 PM

After reading all these posts, I would recommend someone grabbing this scumbag and give him a nice afternoon drive in the trunk.You tend to think clearly when you go for a trunk ride in the back of a car.Just my .02 cents of NY thinking.P.S. i have seen it done:eek::cool-smiley-027:

sean stinson 09-29-2008 09:42 PM

I have not read through the whole thingbut what I can gather so far is that a boat was old from one individual to another, correct? Ok lets assume yes I have also dissected the boat has a lien on it, correct? Again lets assume yes now then a question has arisen about a title, correct? Again another assumption of yes!!!! At the same time another statement was made about it being documented, correct? Another assuming yes!!!!

Ok let me give you my slice of useless information! If, and only if, it is a documented vessel there is NO TITLE because it is a federally documented vessel which means there is probably, not neccessarily, a preferred ships mortgage. If it has NC Reg #'s or another state reg # it WILL have a title. My suggestion is to go to the Coast Guard Documented Vessel site and enter the doc # usually found in the engine room and track it that way. Then you would need a lien release from his bank and your bank would have to take the Documentation Papers (not the original which stays with the vessel) in lieu of a title again the Preferred Ships Mortgage comes into play. I would talk to Dave P he can give you more insight about the paperwork aspect of it. Anyway at this point you have 2 options either he pays it or you pay it!!!! If you pay it then you havea civil lawsuit against him for that amount and whatever damages you incurr!!!!!!!! Just my useless informative opinion

sean stinson 09-29-2008 09:44 PM

BTW assumption is the mother of all **** ups!!!!!!

bruin_d 09-29-2008 09:46 PM

The bank won't release anything if they are still owed money.

jryan26 09-29-2008 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF (Post 2701260)
After reading all these posts, I would recommend someone grabbing this scumbag and give him a nice afternoon drive in the trunk.You tend to think clearly when you go for a trunk ride in the back of a car.Just my .02 cents of NY thinking.P.S. i have seen it done:eek::cool-smiley-027:

Your getting soft in your old age...:D :eek:

bruin_d 09-29-2008 09:47 PM

Title or no title, I can't put it in my name because he hasn't paid his side off.

sean stinson 09-29-2008 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by bruin_d (Post 2701250)
Any ideas how I can find out how much is owed?

Yes there is but it takes a little bit of legal manuevering!!!!

JCPERF 09-29-2008 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by jryan26 (Post 2701288)
Your getting soft in your old age...:D :eek:

Could of covered him with gasoline and lit a cig.:party-smiley-004:

Cash Bar 09-29-2008 09:53 PM

Wow, you have my sympathy.

This is bringing back a flood of bad memories about 2 different dealers and in excess of 100k of my money. :mad: