Notices

Please Help...

Old 09-22-2008, 07:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First lienholder has precedence. If they want it and can find it, they can and will snatch it.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look I am not a crook. I have paid the loan off - what my statement said that I owed. The bank that I used for the loan ia not releasing the loan due to payment of penalties - is what they are telling me. 4k. I have had to borrow money to pay the remainder off. I do not want this boat - it is still on my credit and in my eyes it is paid off. However the bank does not see it that way. I have been in constant communication with bruin_d and have not dodged him at all.

I was told that when I bought the thing that there was no title and that is why it had to be documented. That is why it is. The bank then gave me a line of crap about not being able to find the loan - even though I have been making the payment and they have happily accepted it.

Bash all you want to but I am trying to resolve this the best way that I know how. I borrowed through Regions and they dont have the marine division so its like pulling teeth to get this thing done.

Oh and BTW it was a 25 year loan. They say I owe on prepayment - which it clearly says there is none. This will be resolved this week.

I am fully embarrassed about this situation. Bruin_d seems like a hard working great guy. The last that deserves this. However, rest assured it has screwed me out of alot as well. I want it settled quick.

Last edited by apppedigree; 09-22-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmmmm ... magic of OSO .....
Old 09-22-2008, 08:26 PM

It's a felony to sell a boat without a title. Trying to register it fraudulently is another one. You need to scrape up whatever the bank says they need and get him his title. If he calls the prosecutor tomorrow, you're going to have to come up with way more than 4 grand to cover the attorney retainer, not to mention fines, penalties, bail and maybe some time.

You were out on your Skater at a poker run this weekend- you obviously can get your hands on the scratch.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
It's a felony to sell a boat without a title. Trying to register it fraudulently is another one. You need to scrape up whatever the bank says they need and get him his title. If he calls the prosecutor tomorrow, you're going to have to come up with way more than 4 grand to cover the attorney retainer, not to mention fines, penalties, bail and maybe some time.

You were out on your Skater at a poker run this weekend- you obviously can get your hands on the scratch.

UR Right. I had finances of others for this weekend. I was comped on the run for helping out. Cost me nothing. It is taken care of.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:56 PM

Ultimately that's your business.

Just a suggestion- Bruin has rolled with you for 5 months. He's within moments of pulling the trigger on a mountain of grief for you. You should thank him for the last-minute opportunity to solve this problem. I wopuld be calling him 3 times a day telling him what's going on and what you're doing.

You're getting a gift here- say thanks and make the most of it.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered

I know it's hard to get a bank to see things the way you see them, but it has been 5mo. You obviously don't have this on the top of your priority list. I bet if some one came and borrowed your skater for 5 mo. you would understand what he is going through. Get you priorities right and get this taken care of. The next Mechanic you use may remember this thread and get some revenge. Take care of it.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:13 AM
RHC
Registered

In some states when the boat is Coast Gaurd doc'ed you have to surrender the title back to the state ,, therefore the boat would not have a title at the bank , they would however have a security agreement that would have to be met /paid off for the boat to be sold ,, You might have to deal with your bank again because of the lack of title or non existant title trail at this point ,,, not all states have the same title law's ,,, thats how some shady guys do double deals and committ fraud on purpose !! good luck !
Old 09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Registered

I spoke with Robert this morning. To his credit he has not dodged my phone calls and emails at all for this entire time. I have given him until Friday at 0900 to give me a title or a tracking number of a next day aired title or I will be turning this over to the legal system and maybe then it will be a priority of his. I am probably being way too nice but this is my LAST show of good faith.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Registered

The direct problem here is with my bank. When this is said and done they will have received 2k more than the original loan amount. That is what I have been fighting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.