Hudson River Fun Run with Mahopac Marine Oct 10th >

Hudson River Fun Run with Mahopac Marine Oct 10th

Notices

Hudson River Fun Run with Mahopac Marine Oct 10th

Old 10-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hudson River Fun Run with Mahopac Marine Oct 10th

Here are the plans guys. I would like to thank the folks for helping get all this together.

Saturday Oct 10th a bunch of us boaters will be meeting up at the Newburgh Beacon bridge on the water at 12pm. There will be a bunch of us launching from Peekskill, Stony Point, TZ Marine and Cannonball Marina.

Once we meet up, we will take a nice run up to Kingston heading in towards Rondout Creek. The town of Kingston has a street fair for Columbus Day weekend, there is a really great restaurant called Rosita's. There will be docking at the restaurant, town docks as well as Kingston Marina. You can stay as long as you like, not stay or continue back on down with us. We will see what everyone says about leaving. 1-2 hours.

From what I understand, the Cannonball restaurant is having a DJ on Saturday night with bar and food service available. They have about 60 wet slips and parking for about 100 boats and trailers. They also have lift service with 2 launch ramps. Nordic 95 will have all the info or I will post it up. (Thanks)

Just to be clear for everyone, this is not an event, there is not cost to enter, there is no set schedule or route. This is truly a Fun Run for everyone to meet and greet, show off our hardware and have some fun before the white stuff is coming down!

Thanks to everyone for coming down. Dont forget the cameras for the foliage as we head up river!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered

Posted by Nordic 95

So if anyone wants to hang out after the run,or launch their boat for the run, here is a link to the marina that a group of us will be at. They have two launches,two travel lifts and a ton of parking for boats and trailers. I spoke with a representative yesterday and I asked him if we could leave a couple of boats over night and he said he could accomadate any request we may have. They also have 25 transient slips with clean hot showers and bathrooms available.I posted a link with an arial view of the marina.The marina is located inside a sea wall and has a south and north entrance thru the sea wall.The resturant is located just inside the north entrance(to the right in the picture) and has docking right in front of it for about sixty boats,see building with blue canopy right on the water.Please also notice that just outside the sea wall the water is very shallow approaching the marina.There are a couple sets of red and green channel markers that line up with the south entrance into the marina from the river.Please follow this channel towards the marina and when you approach the sea wall make a hard right and follow the outside of the sea wall to the resturant entrance.So come join us before or after the run for some food and good times.We will be launching at this marina around 9am so that we can get our group into the water and leaving the marina by 11am.We could travel as a group north to meet all the other groups from different marinas at the Newburgh Beacon Bridge and Tom at noon.Then from there off to Kingston.After Kingston back down river to Cannonball to hang and eat....

http://marinas.com/view/marina/203_C...Stony_Point_NY
Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ttt
Old 10-06-2009, 08:45 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

We will more than likely be there.

Looks like Stony Point is the place to take off from and where the dinner will happen so we'll pull down there early on Saturday and Chris/cowisl should be in the other seat.

Looking forward to seeing the Mahopac crew and Sharkey again.

Last edited by GLH; 10-06-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered

Smile

We should be running the new rig home Saturday from Verplanck. Try not to run us over eh?

See ya on the river.
Frank

Last edited by penbroke; 10-06-2009 at 10:35 AM.