Notices

Fun Questions

Old 09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun Questions

I wanted to drop a line to everyone and toss out a few questions that might make everyone think a little bit. A few months back I posted about my wife and I looking at a 46 Outer limits with 1075’s I got a lot of feedback on the boat and the engines and driving just a lot to think about. I took most of the comments with a grain of salt and really looked at the boat and the concerns other members brought to my attention. After talking to others on the board and really reading about the boat. We are now ready to purchase. The only question I have is we are looking new and with that engine there is only a 90 day warranty. Since we are at the end of the year is this a good time to buy a new boat or do you wait till the spring? Second if you buy now, is the money saved worth the cost of putting it away for the winter and all the costs that go with not running the boat. Plus I would hate to buy now and run boat a few times and something god forbid happen to the engines that are now not covered under warranty because of a time period when they were not used. What would you guys do???
Old 09-23-2008, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SCBoater
I wanted to drop a line to everyone and toss out a few questions that might make everyone think a little bit. A few months back I posted about my wife and I looking at a 46 Outer limits with 1075’s I got a lot of feedback on the boat and the engines and driving just a lot to think about. I took most of the comments with a grain of salt and really looked at the boat and the concerns other members brought to my attention. After talking to others on the board and really reading about the boat. We are now ready to purchase. The only question I have is we are looking new and with that engine there is only a 90 day warranty. Since we are at the end of the year is this a good time to buy a new boat or do you wait till the spring? Second if you buy now, is the money saved worth the cost of putting it away for the winter and all the costs that go with not running the boat. Plus I would hate to buy now and run boat a few times and something god forbid happen to the engines that are now not covered under warranty because of a time period when they were not used. What would you guys do???

The cost to store the boat over the winter is nothing compared to service and ownership. Don't worry about the warranty. The engines are bullet proof as long as you follow merc's maintence schedule. The words "save money" are not going to be used with this purchase. If you have to budget or worry about the cost, this boat should not be on you list. If I were you I would buy it now and run the piss out of it. Let the dice fly. That's the fun of it.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Registered

I'm thinking about getting it in time to run in the Key West run in November. With the way the market it right now I would be better off getting 2 of them and holding on to one. I lost a small house over the last 3 days
Old 09-23-2008, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SCBoater
I'm thinking about getting it in time to run in the Key West run in November. With the way the market it right now I would be better off getting 2 of them and holding on to one. I lost a small house over the last 3 days

Sounds great! I'm running that run on Thursday. I will have my 46 cig with 1075's there. Would be great to see you out there. You would be glad you did. Nothing like open water and horsepower behind the stix.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered

I really want to get the boat and start enjoying it. Sounds as if I should just pull the trigger and start looking for a place to keep it over the long cold winter.