If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Detroit, MI / Miami, FL

What a set of two 350 mercruiser motors and a set of alpha outdrives is worth

I've got a spare set of 350 Merc carbed motors and alpha outdrives off of a smaller (27ft) offshore that I owned... the motors and drives have approx. 150 easy hrs. on them and have been stored/sitting for approx. 8 yrs...

A friend of a friend is interested, but I'm not sure what a fair mkt. price would be...

I'd appreciate any help...

Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ..........32........... Active Thunder
    If the engines have been sitting that long, its possible they could need some work. Valve springs wil most likely need replaced.

Just a guess and depending on condition, drives probably worth $1000 each and engines 2-3k each if complete with all accessories and in good condition.

Were doomed! Charter Member Wally's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Chris Craft Stinger 222
    Chicago, IL
    I dunno about that Griff....Alphas are not that saught after anymore....i picked up a complete pair of alpha drives W/nose cones and the complete inner/outer transom assemblies with the Y-pipes and a complete silent choice system for $1000 last year...i see the alphas on ebay only selling in the 4-500 range...maybe more if they are spotless....but then again look at the market right now..nothing is selling

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

anybody know where to get some counter rotating shorty alpha's?