Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I guess I'm done...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196553-i-guess-im-done.html)

BLee 10-02-2008 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by getchasum111 (Post 2703827)
I agree....I never even checked out any of the other sites until I was rubbed the wrong way over here....but there is no activity on any of the other sites...oh sure they all have the inevitable TD threads but other than that you can catch up checking in once a week. This place has been a little quiet as of late also...I hope it's just because everyone is trying to get a few more days of boating in...only time will tell....

We finally have things behind the scenes straightened out (i think!), so now we can focus on what's happening in the open.

It's going to be A LOT more relaxed around here now. Just keep the right material in the right forums, and have fun! I don't think anyone should feel like they can't express their political opinions as long as it's in the bilge, and not just outright aimed at attacking another member.

Pick an avatar that doesn't have a 400lb woman riding a baseball bat, and you're probably good to go with whatever you choose. :drink:

getchasum111 10-02-2008 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2703843)
We finally have things behind the scenes straightened out (i think!), so now we can focus on what's happening in the open.

It's going to be A LOT more relaxed around here now. Just keep the right material in the right forums, and have fun! I don't think anyone should feel like they can't express their political opinions as long as it's in the bilge, and not just outright aimed at attacking another member.

Pick an avatar that doesn't have a 400lb woman riding a baseball bat, and you're probably good to go with whatever you choose. :drink:

BLee it's sure nice to see you on here giving answers to some of the problems members are having or have had....If someone had been active in at least responding to us after IB took over some of the BS may have been avoided...but I do thank you....Chip Cecil....

glassdave 10-02-2008 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 2703826)
You'll find a new home I'm sure. You're a serious offshore enthusiast I'm sure!

:D;)

mine will be done any day as well . . . . been a member since 01 . . . . yes i suspect it may be time to give this some serious thought

PARADOX 10-02-2008 11:06 AM

C'mon guys...
We spend more $ just getting out of the docks.
Granted .. there been a lot of BS and things aren't the same... but what the hack!! ?/ $45 is still well spent..
It's worth 45 just to vent and ask for tech. info.

BLee 10-02-2008 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hot Knots (Post 2703848)
Yes you can...as long as you agree with the right wingers. If you're a Liberal you'll be called every name in the book, then banned.

That's not going to happen anymore.

Good debates on topics that are tough to agree on keep forums moving and active. They become slow and boring when you restrict all of the "human element" to the point people are afraid to post. If you have no posts, you soon have no forum. :ernaehrung004:

Boomer35 10-02-2008 11:12 AM

ive been a paying member sinse 04, whem my membership exp i didnt renew, and to be honest i dont miss anything, i can still post and see every forum other than bilge and unsen. so once i got over that hump i didnt miss anything,

Big Time 10-02-2008 11:13 AM

I'm a one forum guy...I don't have time to check out the other forums....I get a few mins in the morning, some time during my lunch (right now) and a little time at the end of teh day. I never really check in when I am at home unless I have something specific that I am looking for. Hope people don't start taking off from this site...don't want to have to split my time with another one.

BLee 10-02-2008 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by getchasum111 (Post 2703868)
BLee it's sure nice to see you on here giving answers to some of the problems members are having or have had....If someone had been active in at least responding to us after IB took over some of the BS may have been avoided...but I do thank you....Chip Cecil....

It took a little bit for ME to figure out what the hell was going on too!! :drink:

Now that they've hopefully fixed the technical part that Speedgirl or I can't do anything about, the site should run smoother. Combine that with more "old school" moderating and rules, and we should be making "new good ol days" again.....at least that's the plan. :party-smiley-004::drink:

BLee 10-02-2008 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2703814)

Boatfreaks is a nice 2nd forum to check out. Everytime I post, or read a post over there, it's STILL on the front page 2-3 days later! The subforums NEVER move. Except for those that just don't want to pay, that site is WAY slower as far as activity is concerned.

I also noticed that this lack of activity/posting is with off topic AND boating discussion COMBINED over there! :eek: