Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Firm has doubts about Fountain’s future (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196570-firm-has-doubts-about-fountain%92s-future.html)

mpally 10-02-2008 11:31 PM

The going concern is showing up a lot more recently than in past years. Obviously, the current economy is forcing accounting firms to really look at company financials with a different point of view than in the past.

BAJA WILL 10-03-2008 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by shogren (Post 2704468)
Reggies fine. In fact I would bet he looks a heckuva alot better on paper than his competitors.

Hopefully he goes back private soon to eliminate these press releases which are a mandatory part of being public after YE accounting for public companies.

Team Shogren

Fountain & BAJA By Fountain

No reason to set a KILO, he already holds the record

www.chicagofountain.com

Couldn't have said it better myself, lets see Fountain the doors are still open, busy as hell the last 4 trips I was there in the last 60 days. I challange any boat MFG even remotely close to Fountains size to report their #'s?????

WILL:ernaehrung004:

BLee 10-03-2008 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by getchasum111 (Post 2704111)
I don't see how raising prices for current models will help...

I think when they dropped new boat prices and offered all of those incentives to buy new a few years back, they hurt their used market in the process. Reversing the process in the current atmosphere seems like an interesting plan.

Obviously without knowing their full situation this is just a guess, but they could do a stock buyback at the current price and take the company back to private. I don't know if they have access to the capital to do so, but it would take pressure off of the company to constantly keep rushing things through.

Wahoo ATV 10-03-2008 11:54 AM

With car sales down 30%, I just saw a report where you can buy a new F-150 for $12k They are offering $8k in incentives. I wonder if/when you will see boat manufacturers slashing prices. I don't think they can cut that deep.

I see Sunsation took alot of the cabin luxuries out on a couple of models to cut the price as an option.

Cash Bar 10-03-2008 01:20 PM

So much of the cost is the power you'd think Merc would be hurting enough to help with some "rebates" to bail the builders out.

I hazard to guess that fully 60% or more of a new boat purchase(twins) is the propulsion.

BAJA WILL 10-03-2008 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2705108)
So much of the cost is the power you'd think Merc would be hurting enough to help with some "rebates" to bail the builders out.

I hazard to guess that fully 60% or more of a new boat purchase(twins) is the propulsion.

That is a pretty right on statement (like you have been in the business):drink:

We really thought merc would offer more rebates, Boats are selling, sold two Baja's last week. But not like years before. As a matter fact prices are going up.:rolleyes:

WILL

Bullhead 10-03-2008 02:54 PM

maybe they will use the baja line as their production boat and really trick out the details in the Fountain line. The Fountain line would then appeal to the more descriminating buyer who would be looking at the Cigs, OLs ,Nortechs, etc...maybe get a better price and margins... just a thought since I don't know the first thing about boat building

Strip Poker 388 10-03-2008 04:37 PM

I would bet come spring that sells with increase and Baja will be the big part of $$$$.

FeverMike 10-03-2008 06:26 PM

This is not new news. These type of press releases have been going on for a long time. Well over 8 years since I have been following Fountain.

JasonSmith 10-03-2008 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bullhead (Post 2704479)
I visted the fountain factory this afternoon...that place looked busy as hell

Shredding documents & taking the lightbulbs & toilet paper before they close.:evilb: