38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ? >

38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ?

Notices

38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ?

Old 03-12-2002, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

So Skypirate, did you call and get an info pack from Thunder, or go for any rides yet, just curious, I see you posted on the Cigarette board. Again both excellent boats, even though the Cig guys think that 2 Thunders dont equal one and us A.T. guys are goofy, I wont slam their boats, I've got more class than that because I know they are fine machines, and at least I can say I have ridden on quite a few Cigs, before I would comment or slander another boat co, but anyways, check them both out, as well as Outerlimits, do your homework, and do compare price, but bottom line, go for a ride. Good luck to you, and if I can be of any help, or you want to go for a ride, stop at the A.T. plant, my boat will be finished in April. Thanks Jeff Jassby
Old 03-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was an entertaining and informative post. Good luck in your search for the perfect boat for you. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me directly. I must have missed the post about being called goofy.eek: , oh well, I have been called much worse before.:
Old 03-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Registered

Are the 575's with XR's the largest you can go with the 37?
Can the hull run over 100+ with no issues?
Old 03-13-2002, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Goofy Boy-Thunder Dan, I'll let you answer that Q's, cause you know-QUOTE: AN A.T. DOESNT ADD UP TO A CIGARETTE.

Better yet, I will let PoweBoat magazine tell you how fast it goes, what the throttle response is, and what A.T. single step pattened boat is capable of in various seas. This way you can go back and compare the info against your Fountain or cigarette buddies. Again I have not slammed either one of your boats, I am familiar with Cigs, and have owned a 32 Fever, so I know alot about Fountains. This way you have proof on what an A.T. can do, without even going for a ride
Old 03-13-2002, 08:32 AM
Registered

Hey Mark, how goes it? Dont post that much, just lurking.
How is that nutty brother of yours doin? Did he ever get his new place up and running?

Also, did your hear our good friend RLT will be hauling that bad ass 41 up here this season? Should be great fun!!

Looking forward to seeing you and the wife on the lake-SOON!!

Dean
Old 03-13-2002, 08:53 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Zoomnfun,
Were doing good and Paul finaly got the bar open a couple weeks ago. I haven't been there yet.
Ya I see Robert is planning on comming up. It would be great if we could all take a nice run somewhere when he gets here.
Mark
Old 03-13-2002, 12:02 PM
Registered

You can go up to whatever you want in the 37avh in terms of power. I am now going with 675's and I am sure it will reach triple digits. I know that there is a AT out there with twin 600hp doing 98 so I am sure the hull can handle it.

PS My 4 year old daughter loves GOOFY,
Old 03-13-2002, 12:15 PM
Registered

Dan, you're up to 675s? I thought you were going to stay with the 575s? You're boat is never going to be done if you keep making changes, so just get some big Sterlings and Number 6s and be done with it!
Old 03-13-2002, 06:15 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

That is it, no more changes. This is one of the reasons that I went with Active Thunder. My 500 efi's were already there on the floor at the factory ready to be installed. I finally deceided to upgrade the motors to KE 675's. Not only did they say not a problem, the welcomed it. Next, my engine hatch has already been completed and the headrest etc already done, already stitched and vinyl installed but now the whole hatch has to either be modified or completely redone. Pat and Steves response no problem Dan we will make it work. This is the service., that is a true custom boat builder.

Last edited by thunderdan; 03-13-2002 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And they are fair too, especially with that hatch Danny, it only cost 10k more

Quick Reply: 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.