Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19662-38-cigarette-active-thunder-37-a.html)

Jassman 03-14-2002 10:12 AM

If he wasnt I was, cant you tell by all the:D , im such a nice and goofy guy, ya know:p

Milord 03-14-2002 12:37 PM

Shane,

"Persistence........ No amount of pain, suffering, self-sacrifice, or dedication is too great a price to pay for ultimate victory."

:D

Advantage_Rob 03-14-2002 02:41 PM

Great post, and all good reading here, it's like a 2 hour soap opera, but cool!! It took forever to read!
I run around with Audacity (32 A/T) in the summer quite a bit, and a 35 & 38 cig, and of course a bunch of fountians too, they are all both great boats. I'd have to agree with the bottom length issue also from the 38 fountian, to a 32 without a beak and tail though. I love when someone other than me brings that up....:D :D :p There's a 38 Fountian at my uncles place and we had this discussion, and it got settled really quick when we lined up the transoms where the running surface stopped, HAAAA, pissed on his parade with my tailless 32... GEt em, jassman, sick em, Attack!!! Nice rhyme too.

I'd say A/T is in a transition right now and they are finally starting to get the recognition they deserve, and will be a force to be reconed with sooner than some think. The warranty cant be beat and the people at A/T have built a reputation for top notch on this board, which is a great place to get a real world opinion. The only area I though needed to be improved was the upolstery and cabin upholstery, but I have only seen a few A/T's. Sounds like that's all been adressed and resolved on the next batch of A/T coming out. Cig's well they're Cig's need I say more. Reputation, resale, ect... not the fastest, but lots of room, including in the cabin of the older 38's I've been on, although I've never seen a 37' A/T. It all comes down to what you feel fit's you needs. Take the rides, check em out, and make the decision you feel is best for you.

AC 03-14-2002 03:39 PM

CIGARETTE with no question!

Go with a company that's been around for over thirty years and will be for a long time. Cigarette has a long winning record - I don't know of any races AT ever won. I had them both and you can't compare the two - they are not in the same class. I currently own a Cigarette - if that tells you anything. If you have the extra cash - go for the Cigarette!

AC

thunderdan 03-14-2002 04:55 PM

AC,

I did not know you owned an Active Thunder, what did you have and what kind of Cig do you have now?

Not real sure of how many races AT has won has to do with the question, how many races has an Active Thunder been in? No offense but I am getting tired of hearing "how many races have they won" line.

Where do you do most of your boating? Richboro is real close to me.:cool:

AC 03-14-2002 05:15 PM

thunderdan,

I had a 1997 25 Thunder and trade it in for a 28 thunder. The 25 AT was a nice boat - the 28 AT "I will not go there!! I currently own a 28 Cigarette - best rough water riding boat I've been in for that size. I think we met about a year ago at D&B. NJPPC had a get together.

Put it this way, I would never deal with Pat at AT again!!

AC

thunderdan 03-14-2002 05:54 PM

AC,

Oh yes, I do remember meeting you there. :cool: How is your cig rigged? (*I did mean to rhym) Maybe we can get together at some of the events this year.:D It was on the opening page of NJPPC before right, nice looking boat.

I do remember your 28 and I think you feelings toward Pat are probably mutual, so you are right it is probably better off not going there. I did not mean to stir anything up so lets drop it, sorry.

Are you doing any of the poker runs or fun runs this year.:cool:

Back4More 03-15-2002 12:18 AM

We love PR's...but i don't see any lakes in KY!?
Where is it going to be at?
The Smoke on the Water run is on the 7-8th of June.
Maybe your home sick and want to run with the Cigs and Fountains on the old stompin grounds.
Been to a few Racine runs...which boat did you have back then?
Had our boat at Winthrop Harbor on the rack for a few years...know anyone there?

AC 03-15-2002 10:20 AM

ThunderDan,

NJPPC is going to have more events this summer on the Delaware + some outings. I boat on the Delaware + the Chesapeake Bay which is great.

My emal - [email protected]

Send me an email and let's plan some outings.

AC

Ike 03-15-2002 11:21 AM

Hey AC, what's up? Your cig ready to go? Can't wait to get out there with the Apache and show them what it's all about! Cigarette and Apache the true legends, the real rough water boats.The ones that turns the heads when you pull up to the dock. It's not always how fast you go, but how well you go fast in rough water. AMEN!;) :D