Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37 ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19662-38-cigarette-active-thunder-37-a.html)

AC 03-15-2002 11:27 AM

Ike,

How are you doing buddy? I will have the new drives on in a couple of weeks. You said it! nothing rides like true legends in the rough! Let's get together this summer on the Chesapeake.

AC

Gordo 03-16-2002 02:42 PM

Let the Record Show

I've stayed out of this because I don't own, nor am I buying a 37 Thunder, or a Cigarette. This was a great thread till whoever "worldclasscigarette" came along. Unfortunately things seemed to go down hill rapidly. Mr. AC obviously had some type of problem, but I applaude him in the way he handled his issue. Point made.
While I will keep my opinions out of it, (since I may be somewhat biased), I will jump right in the middle of whoever the worldcigarette dude is, and bring your attention to APBA records. Since I own and race a Factory 1 Active Thunder, I will only stick to Factory 1 class wins;
1998, 1st ever offshore race, Ft Meyers FL. 12 boats, rookie start.
Came from 500 yards behind the pack at the start to 5th place.
1998, Port Clinton OH . 1st place
1998, Erie PA. 1st place
1998, Eastlake OH. 2nd place, (broke throttle out of seat). 1st place went to another Active Thunder.
1998 worlds, 4th place. (1-3 were all grandfathered "A" boats with no cabins.)
1999, raced Super V most of the season, but just for fun we dusted of the Thunder, changed oil and raced St Clair MI. Got a bad start, still finished 1st.
So, Mr. worldclasscigarette, I won't bore everyone else with other top 3 finishes, but I think you get the point.

By the way, Cigarette has an F1 boat, How many Factory 1 wins does it have?

worldchampioncigarette 03-16-2002 05:37 PM

GOOD JOB, GORDO. BUT DID YOU READ THE POST?? WHO'S TALKING ABOUT FACTORY 1 BOAT????????????????????.YOU GOTTA GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD SON.

pullmytrigger 03-16-2002 06:28 PM

So Mr world champ. lets hear it, what are you running........

Steve 1 03-16-2002 06:32 PM

Worldchampion thats a Pretty heavy Nick ! By the way what have you ever done I mean Personally?? Just asking for a reference point Ole boy. And By the Way Bowling trophys do not count!Must be Boat Related .

Best Regards

Steve 1 03-17-2002 08:47 AM

Cat Bakers Haulover is not half way!(hhhm a liberial error) North of the Diplomat would be IMHO I am still waiting for the “Vast Worldchampion Boating Resume” Also it would be nice to have a post not in CAPS. By the way that speaks volumes in itself .

Best Regards
:(

Gordo 03-17-2002 09:49 AM

Ok, Champ, I stand correted. The originator of the thread was indeed looking for info and comparisions of boats that would be Factory 2 class. My apologies to the original poster. On the other hand, I believe you asked "What has Active Thunder ever won?" It seemd this thread had degenerated into a full blown Active Thunder-vs-Cigarette debate, so I was simply pointing out that Active Thunder has in fact been very active in racing.
Actually, I'm sincerely embarrassed that I've been blowing my own horn to prove a point, when there have been other very successful Active Thunder racing teams.
In 1997, Neville Moberly took another 25 Thunder "Chaos" to a full list of first place wins and a Central Division Champoinship. Indeed, in the 1998 season, the only boat to beat me was the Active Thunder "Chaos" team.
I believe Pete Smith had another very successful 25 Thunder, "Active Thunder Racing" in the northeast.

I may be "back at the drawing board", but I've been lucky to have great throttlemen beside me, a great boat under me, and a row of black-n-white flags in front of me.
Where's yours?

Back4More 03-17-2002 11:03 AM

Any ActiveWonders going to particapate in the Smoke on the Water run in June?:p

Steve 1 03-17-2002 11:49 AM

Maybe Worldchampion is just a instigator Could be with another Company that AT is taking business from!! I have no problem with Cigarette and respect the company and the late Don Aronow.

Best Regards

thunderdan 03-17-2002 02:57 PM

I agree Shane, and Gordo that is an impressive scorecard. I always say it ain't talking smak if you can back it up. :D :D