Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   There's nothing like it in rough water! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196638-theres-nothing-like-rough-water.html)

Raylar 10-04-2008 03:17 PM

A new form of Offshore racing?

This might be a way to ressurect real offshore racing as it was originally intended.
I got an idea here!
Put the big boats back in big blue water, have live on board sound and video on each boat and have several helicopters flying close to the boats with some of todays stabilized cameras like IMAX and put some awesome sound tracks in the race film. Then show this full event racing along with sponsors commercails on big IMAX type screens in theaters with great sound systems and sell advertising space to the sponsors and admission to the showings as a way to pay for the filming,production, race, purses, insurance etc.
I know I would pay $25-$35 for a ticket to something like this and I think the rest of the fans around the world who love to watch the sport would too. Even the sales of the video would be good for the awesome home systems that a lot of viewers have today.
I think its a lot better than sitting on a beach somewhere watching some boats race around a small course at distances where you can barely hear the boats let alone see them.
Think about how many people watch Football on TV versus at the game and how much better the coverage is?!
What do you think? Maybe its an idea whose time has come!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Strip Poker 388 10-04-2008 03:26 PM

flying it perfect:drink:

fund razor 10-04-2008 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Raylar (Post 2705991)
This might be a way to ressurect real offshore racing as it was originally intended.
I got an idea here!
Put the big boats back in big blue water, have live on board sound and video on each boat and have several helicopters flying close to the boats with some of todays stabilized cameras like IMAX and put some awesome sound tracks in the race film. Then show this full event racing along with sponsors commercails on big IMAX type screens in theaters with great sound systems and sell advertising space to the sponsors and admission to the showings as a way to pay for the filming,production, race, purses, insurance etc.
I know I would pay $25-$35 for a ticket to something like this and I think the rest of the fans around the world who love to watch the sport would too. Even the sales of the video would be good for the awesome home systems that a lot of viewers have today.
I think its a lot better than sitting on a beach somewhere watching some boats race around a small course at distances where you can barely hear the boats let alone see them.
Think about how many people watch Football on TV versus at the game and how much better the coverage is?!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

I Like it.:ernaehrung004:

djmadmatt 10-04-2008 04:24 PM

I got an idea here!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

+1 over here. Great Idea Ray!

Matt

bouyhunter 10-04-2008 05:44 PM

I got an idea here!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

I'm in.
How can I help make it happen??

Chris Sunkin 10-04-2008 05:50 PM

You guys don't spend much time down in the General Racing Discussion, do ya?

Nothing I'd like to see more, but the drama is very thick.

Full Force 10-04-2008 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by panicrev613 (Post 2705794)
and that is a calm jersey day, lol. a rough jersey day would have the same size waves, criss crossing and with smaller (3ft.) waves on the bigger waves. kinda like the barnegat inlet when it gets churned up...

Sounds like Lake Erie.... we have square waves.... 4 ft high and 4 ft apart...up, over, and down.. makes for interesting boating!

djmadmatt 10-04-2008 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Full Force (Post 2706118)
Sounds like Lake Erie.... we have square waves.... 4 ft high and 4 ft apart...up, over, and down.. makes for interesting boating!

+1

phragle 10-04-2008 08:36 PM

put that IMAX on a curved screen in front of a 3 axis motion simulator, thow in a little water spray... Im in!

Comanche3Six 10-05-2008 09:11 AM

Real Open Ocean Racing!
Now everyone is into billet bling bullchit.