There's nothing like it in rough water!

Notices

There's nothing like it in rough water!

Old 10-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

flying it perfect

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
This might be a way to ressurect real offshore racing as it was originally intended.
I got an idea here!
Put the big boats back in big blue water, have live on board sound and video on each boat and have several helicopters flying close to the boats with some of todays stabilized cameras like IMAX and put some awesome sound tracks in the race film. Then show this full event racing along with sponsors commercails on big IMAX type screens in theaters with great sound systems and sell advertising space to the sponsors and admission to the showings as a way to pay for the filming,production, race, purses, insurance etc.
I know I would pay $25-$35 for a ticket to something like this and I think the rest of the fans around the world who love to watch the sport would too. Even the sales of the video would be good for the awesome home systems that a lot of viewers have today.
I think its a lot better than sitting on a beach somewhere watching some boats race around a small course at distances where you can barely hear the boats let alone see them.
Think about how many people watch Football on TV versus at the game and how much better the coverage is?!
What do you think? Maybe its an idea whose time has come!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
I Like it.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This might be a way to ressurect real offshore racing as it was originally intended.
I got an idea here!
Put the big boats back in big blue water, have live on board sound and video on each boat and have several helicopters flying close to the boats with some of todays stabilized cameras like IMAX and put some awesome sound tracks in the race film. Then show this full event racing along with sponsors commercails on big IMAX type screens in theaters with great sound systems and sell advertising space to the sponsors and admission to the showings as a way to pay for the filming,production, race, purses, insurance etc.
I know I would pay $25-$35 for a ticket to something like this and I think the rest of the fans around the world who love to watch the sport would too. Even the sales of the video would be good for the awesome home systems that a lot of viewers have today.
I think its a lot better than sitting on a beach somewhere watching some boats race around a small course at distances where you can barely hear the boats let alone see them.
Think about how many people watch Football on TV versus at the game and how much better the coverage is?!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
+1 over here. Great Idea Ray!

Matt
Old 10-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got an idea here!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
I'm in.
How can I help make it happen??
Old 10-04-2008, 05:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys don't spend much time down in the General Racing Discussion, do ya?

Nothing I'd like to see more, but the drama is very thick.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by panicrev613
and that is a calm jersey day, lol. a rough jersey day would have the same size waves, criss crossing and with smaller (3ft.) waves on the bigger waves. kinda like the barnegat inlet when it gets churned up...
Sounds like Lake Erie.... we have square waves.... 4 ft high and 4 ft apart...up, over, and down.. makes for interesting boating!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full Force
Sounds like Lake Erie.... we have square waves.... 4 ft high and 4 ft apart...up, over, and down.. makes for interesting boating!
+1
Old 10-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

put that IMAX on a curved screen in front of a 3 axis motion simulator, thow in a little water spray... Im in!
Old 10-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Real Open Ocean Racing!
Now everyone is into billet bling bullchit.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
That video never gets old.

I just so happen to have "smack my b!tch up" by Prodigy playing. Went along with the video quite well
I just saw the video for that song the other day for the first time, I wasn't ready for that image in the mirror at the end

Quick Reply: There's nothing like it in rough water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.