Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196674-sarasota-poker-run-cat-killer-fountain-got-spanked.html)

PARADOX 10-05-2008 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by fountainracing65 (Post 2706633)
PARADOX your funny. first i dont really care that you and reggie had a bad buisness deal. i am smart enough to know there are to sides to all deals. I am sure if asked reggie would say different. I have been screwed in deals before too. guess what? It was my own fault and learned how to handle things different and to cover myself more. Move on. And you really can say with a straight face other manufactures dont bash each other...holy crap are you out of touch!!!! just as i sit here and watch tv Toyota and ford are running adds bashing eachother.

Don't want to get into this BS heavily,, However.. I did move on.. He did screw me..and was not my fault except that I was .. to say the least trusting.. learned... But.. just see him running from me when ever we do happen to be in the same place. Like in Key West last year.. He could get away fast enough, knowing that he screwed me... but it's ok.. life goes on...
I didn't say that there are no companies that won't do any "bashing".. I have yet to see a Ford calling their car or truck a "toy" killer".. Those adds are extrimely regulated and they are not bashing.. Comparing is allowed..
I suggest you look up the deffinition of the words, and fork up the membership fee or shut up.

Scott B 10-05-2008 06:13 PM

So, where's the video? AIR, it only took one day for ck productions to post it last time... :rolleyes:

PARADOX 10-05-2008 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by dfealy (Post 2706643)
Paradox, Great points, and sorry to hear anyone skrewed in buisness as we have all been there. Integrity is as, if not more important than product and also what sets competitors apart ( Karma is real ). To add to your points I believe his son also races a cat, as a matter of fact I think its an MTI ! :eek:

THanks.. But it's really OK.. \If it was a pure business deal.. I wouldn't be so pissed about it. THat's business and I can deal with that. I wanted to ge back into racing. He and I was going to get Motorola (my guys) his boat and Merc together to sponser and get a boat ready. (Me driving of cours. lol )
Then he just quit the deal.. A year later (or so) he got Motorola (behind my back) to get involved. He could have said.. no go.. found a better driver.. etc.. etc.. be honest and then I would be OK. Taking my contacts behind my back and left me out with out even a word, did plss me off.. but.. Oh well.. Cest la vie.. I still have most of MY hair. :ernaehrung004:

stainless 10-05-2008 06:28 PM

This whole "Cat Killer" thing reminds me of the Kimbo Slice farce.

DollaBill 10-05-2008 06:29 PM

who were the drivers and Tmen in the Fountains?

stainless 10-05-2008 06:31 PM

Gino's new name can be Seth Petruzelli :drink:

TeamShogren.com 10-05-2008 06:48 PM

Drivers

45 Fountain - Benny Robertson & Reggie Fountain Jr
40 Fountain - Not sure, assume Rich Troppoli
42 Fountain Poker Run Boat - Jeff Harris & Brian Forehand

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 2706674)
who were the drivers and Tmen in the Fountains?

stainless 10-05-2008 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by shogren (Post 2706686)
45 Fountain - Benny Robertson & Reggie Fountain Jr
40 Fountain - Not sure, assume Rich Troppoli
42 Fountain Poker Run Boat - Jeff Harris & Brian Forehand

so the Tuna wasn't running Cash Killer ??

offshoredrillin 10-05-2008 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by fountainracing65 (Post 2706583)
Whole thread is STUPID!! When anyone of the idiots posting comments about Reggie Fountain on the site can produce a resume as impressive as his, then I will take your comments seriously. Why don't you blow hards whip out 10's of millions of dollars to sponsor races, promote the sport, or advance technology in th sports. Sorry to burst your I beat a Fountain ego. Just goes to show how awsome Fountain's really are. Anyone thats gives to sh*ts about one stupid POKER RUN should remember the HUNDREDS of victory's the Fountain has under there belt. Lets look at the list of names above now for example.....
Mike Fiore....who gives a sh*t.
Bill Taylor....I believethat Reggie has sponsored many events for them. Also has spend many advertising dollars with them.
Bob Teage...great guy. How many drives, motors and parts has he sold to fountain owners? Im sure he would admit that if it wasnt for Reggie this sport would never have reached todays standards.

The bottom line......SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT REGGIE. DOES HE HAVE AN EGO? DARN RIGHT!!! DOES HE HAVE A REASON TO? WITHOUT DOUBT!!

and he made millions from sponsoring those races as well...this is just like the farce video that they did about the don aronaow race...his full blown race boat only beat my pleasure boat by less than 35 minutes... and I only have 500 efi's and its a pleasure boat...:rolleyes:....he should just get off the high horse and and stop spreading bull like this...http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=189642