Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196674-sarasota-poker-run-cat-killer-fountain-got-spanked.html)

bojoe2 10-05-2008 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2706006)
I will start by saying Poker runs America did a wonderful job at this poker run. They stressed the fact that this is a Poker run and not a race. We had no intentions of racing today. However we were a little provoked and we did Race the 2 cat killer boats but this was done far away from the poker run group. We were no way near any other boats to endanger anyone.

To tell you the truth when Reggies boys showed up this morning 10 minutes before the run and docked right next to me I did get a lilittle nervous as Hering screwed up and my props which were Fedexed yesterday did not make it in time. I only have a set of stock Merc 39 props which are way too small. We were in no way set up to race anyone let alone Reggies professional race teams.
I was thinking about how I called Reggie out a few months ago and today is not the day to mess with these guys. Reggie showed up with both cat killer boats, full race crew, helmets, jackets, helicopter etc. I heard they had had enough fuel in each boat for 17 miles. We didn't beat them, we destroyed them! We slowed up twce to let them catch us and each time smoked them. We beat them both so bad, they turned around and ran home, tails between their legs, like beaten Mutts!

I wouldn't come here and brag about beating anyone as everyone has to have a bad day sometimes BUT after all the crap with cat killer and Pu$$y cats, I am thrilled to death that a pleasure boat, filled to the air vents with fuel (1840 lbs) , 4 BIG guys in the boat, cooler with ice, tools etc.
I now have one question, Is Reggie man enough to admit when he's been beat?

Reggie,
Can you please post the video your helicoptor took? I would love to show it to my grand kids some day.

Gino thank for telling it how it is. :drink: congrats

OldSchool 10-05-2008 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2706740)
I'm going to make an offer. If anyone knows the camera man in that helicoptor, let him know I have $5000 cash waiting for him for an unedited copy of the video.

A full page ad in a national magazine would be AWESOME!!!!

:drink::evilb::ernaehrung004::evilb::party-smiley-004:

AB From Windsor 10-05-2008 10:21 PM

Was this just a well planned ploy by Reggie Fountain? Look at all the chatter it has created. It kind of reminds me of Mike Fiore of Outer Limits VS Reggie Fountain of Fountain Powerboats as to who is the Fastest Vee Bottom in the World. We all remember that and the out come. Then it was the Cat Killer and now it is the Cash Killer and we can see by this post the interest it has created. I would love to see the Video and hear from Reggie Fountain on here and could there be a rematch in the near future?

bojoe2 10-05-2008 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash (Post 2706297)
The one the right , Is the old Rio Roses , It only has 750`s in her.

Mike

mike thats rich's boat isnt it

44MTI 10-05-2008 10:32 PM

Congats Gino and Larry, makes my weekend. But don't be suprised by the video and lies to follow. I was at Jacksonville in 06, and Randy Kent in Speed Racer spanked his @ss there but some creative editing changed that. I heard B. Robertson telling Woods that the cat was faster but that is not what he said in the video

bojoe2 10-05-2008 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Scott B (Post 2706788)
Video's been destroyed, camera run through a chipper, heli had new numbers assigned to it, and the videographer is in the witness protection program...

LMFAO :D

packinair 10-05-2008 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by fountainracing65 (Post 2706702)
offshoredrillin..... there is no other answer to this question

What boat came in first at the Don Arronow boat run? no need to justify or any bs. simple. FOUNTAIN. what motors?525. its that simple. is Reggie fibbin? NO! and at jacksonville did Reggie kick the crap out of the cats? yes...once again is he fibbing? NO.

man, things must be blurry swinging from reggies sack.. If he is such a stand up unafraid of any cat guy then post when and where he will be taking on cats in a run what you brung no BS event. I am sure there the cats are not the ones who are to "pu$$y" to do this or show up..

Gino, are you scared??
OU want some... are you scared??
gator1, we KNOW your afraid
JBS?? we know you have no balls to take him on
Haggin, PFFFT, we know he if afraid of reggie

Reggie will NEVER take on a un-rigged fight... PERIOD

Donzi38ZR 10-06-2008 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by fountainracing65 (Post 2706583)
then I will take your comments seriously.

Member sience 2005? 100+ post...dont you think it might be time to pay 19.99 for a membership?

We still probably wont take your comments seriously, but at least you'll have the right to speak them without looking like a putz yourself.

jayboat 10-06-2008 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Scott B (Post 2706788)
Video's been destroyed, camera run through a chipper, heli had new numbers assigned to it, and the videographer is in the witness protection program...

lmao!

This thread feels like it should be in the bilge. :party-smiley-004:

Boat looked and sounded great, Gino. Congrats to you and Larry.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/...ae2b735d_o.jpg

sommerfliesby 10-06-2008 06:17 AM

Congrats to Gino and crew, that boat ROCKS.

Yep, I said it, and I own a Fountain. I also like Cigs and Outerlimits.

Sure, Reggie has egg on his face...took a whole lot of expounding by a LOT of astute individuals to get this to 6 pages..I think it's funny as f*ck! EVERY time this comes up, I laugh at the principle of it, because I have a feeling the IDEA behind the "Cat Killer" campaign has been to generate just such controversy.

All this won't change the fact that I really like my boat. Plus, I can afford it (thankfully...couldn't really swing the ins. on a cat).

What I DON'T understand, is all the guys with V's (like Cobalts) getting their panties all in a bunch? You don't really have a dog in this "fight?" Why all the hating? Go for a boat ride or something and RELAX.