Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196674-sarasota-poker-run-cat-killer-fountain-got-spanked.html)

Bobthebuilder 10-04-2008 07:49 PM

Way to go Gino & Larry !! Looks good on them. :) I'm told the seas were rough today and shows you guys have bigger balls than Reggie ! LOL:rolleyes:
Wish I could have been there to see it happen. :)
Bob

PARADOX 10-04-2008 08:04 PM

Good job Larry and Gino. I just wish I could keep up with you "big guys" :) Gino... we should have swaped the 525's for your 900's some time ago... at least I could have stayed in "visual" range.. (actually I did catch up to a bunch)

Great first leg of the run.. (I didn't ran the stops.. )
Awsome boats at the run tho. New "quiet rules"... docks closing early.. etc. suked..

Brad Zastrow 10-04-2008 08:17 PM

You said two Cat Killer boats? What is the other boat setup? Congrats Gino and Larry.

dkwestern 10-04-2008 08:24 PM

Nice!

blume 10-04-2008 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 2706142)
You said two Cat Killer boats? What is the other boat setup? Congrats Gino and Larry.

Brad, I think the 42' with 1075's open boat and the Cat Killer.

blume 10-04-2008 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2706132)
Way to go Gino & Larry !! Looks good on them. :) I'm told the seas were rough today and shows you guys have bigger balls than Reggie ! LOL:rolleyes:
Wish I could have been there to see it happen. :)
Bob

I heard it was glass smooth and Cat Killer had steering problems??????????? Someone please clear that up.... Gino and Larry glad everything went well and safe.

Airpacker 10-04-2008 09:10 PM

meeoooooooowwwwwww :)

BLAZE 10-04-2008 09:22 PM

:circle:Priceless!!!!! :party-smiley-020: Congrats!!!!!!!!:party-smiley-048:

LubeJobs42 10-04-2008 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by blume (Post 2706163)
I heard it was glass smooth and Cat Killer had steering problems??????????? Someone please clear that up.... Gino and Larry glad everything went well and safe.

Both Fountains looked very similiar. Both closed cockpit boats with bog power (not 1075's). It was not rough but it was very far from smooth as glass. It was probably 2 to 3 for most of the run. The only steering problem the fountain had was when he steered back into the other direction after we ran away from him the third time. Fountian was actually the joke of the noght at the party. An announcement was made to Reggie (which couldn't be there), he was thanked for coming to the run with his boats even though he honly ran them for 8 minutes! I think the Poker runs America home page will have something on it tomorrow.