Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196674-sarasota-poker-run-cat-killer-fountain-got-spanked.html)

jayboat 10-17-2008 08:29 AM

Thanks. That's just a test to see if the idea would work.
The finished one will have all 35 boats that came through the pass. Stay tuned. :drink:

gerritm 10-17-2008 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 2718131)
Why stop when we're havin' so much fun? :drink:

:ernaehrung004:
There are usually a lot of smaller boats in Destin and Jax. I try to get most of them up- but time doesn't always allow.

I like the blur effect so much that I'm thinkin' about doin a poster from the run...

I think it is pretty cool that it can generate so much interest. And if Fountains have to get beat by someone I think it is fitting that they get beat by a Mercedes.
The blur effect is great, but I think 5 Fountains in a line :eek:would be better.
Either one would be a great poster.

GRH 10-17-2008 02:01 PM

Having spent a good deal of time reading this entire thread it's obvious there is great resentment towards Reggie Fountain & his products.... and there seems to be a great deal of disention as to whether a Poker Run is a Race or not?

Just out of curiosity how many or you here have ever raced & beaten Reggie himself in a sanctioned boat race?

Bobthebuilder 10-17-2008 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by GORT (Post 2718505)
Having spent a good deal of time reading this entire thread it's obvious there is great resentment towards Reggie Fountain & his products.... and there seems to be a great deal of disention as to whether a Poker Run is a Race or not?

Just out of curiosity how many or you here have ever raced & beaten Reggie himself in a sanctioned boat race?

Heck, I beat him Key West to Cancun by 29 minutes !! We were both sanctioned. :) :food-smiley-007:

stainless 10-17-2008 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2718568)
Heck, I beat him Key West to Cancun by 29 minutes !! We were both sanctioned. :) :food-smiley-007:

Yeah Baby !!:ernaehrung004:

stainless 10-17-2008 03:07 PM

Why stop when we're havin' so much fun? :drink:

:ernaehrung004:
There are usually a lot of smaller boats in Destin and Jax. I try to get most of them up- but time doesn't always allow.

I like the blur effect so much that I'm thinkin' about doin a poster from the run...

Poster looks cool! :ernaehrung004: keep us........posted :rolleyes:

hammer01 10-17-2008 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2717568)
Haha, I'll ski behind the Cig, if you'll ski behind the Skater!! :eek::D

The little Cigarette is in NO WAY an offshore boat of any kind. I've seen RC boats that are almost as big. :drink:

OK, this challenge is going down hill fast!!! Depends I guess on how many v & r's we have first!!!!

ApachePete 10-17-2008 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by hammer01 (Post 2718610)
OK, this challenge is going down hill fast!!! Depends I guess on how many v & r's we have first!!!!

I have.

Many times in both APBA and OPT races.

BLee 10-18-2008 12:14 AM

That's gonna make a great poster Jay.

Goldigger looks great in that shot. They're lettin it fly. :cool:

GRH 10-18-2008 07:32 AM

Heck, I beat him Key West to Cancun by 29 minutes !! We were both sanctioned.

You beat his time but you did not beat Reggie on a Race Course..... but still a credible feat.... I saw your boat at the 1000 Islands Poker Run.... Sate of the Art for 2008.... Care to remind the readers what Reggie made that trek in?