Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
I just have to say this.

Of course there are cats out there that are faster then the cat killer.

And his boats are the fastest V- Bottoms out there ,without a doubt.

Now all be happy and see ya in Key West.
100% agree, now if Reggie and Fountain Advertising say the same thing in a video, we will all be happy.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:49 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
I agree, but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WE ARE ALL HAPPY ! LOL

Arent we ?

C-YA all in KW.

Ps.: i think he was a little misunderstud when he claimed to be faster then any cat?!

I do think it started back when Don Jhonson was racing his cat and reggie showed him in a V bottom the limits back then.
And i dont think he is scared to race anybody, cats or v- bottoms.
Nice mercedes cat though.
Like someone said on the thread earlier though, that cat was down 1 motor and dragging a drive.......... For Reggie to say
his boat was faster was only true for that particular day.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by GORT
You folks must be young to rmember.... I remember watching with admiration Reggie in Champ boats with Bill Seebold and a host of other drives their a s s ses off..... when he was a younger man... then when he switched to Offshore boats he continued to dominate on the race course....in boats he designed himself and drove himself.... how many here can say that?

What perverse satisfaction you all get out of bashing a 70 yr old man who has devoted his life to promoting a sport you all seem to enjoy a great deal.... I got a news flash for you.... none of you are beating Reggie when you beat his product.... you're all kidding yourself if you think by beating one of his produscts you've done something to hurt Reggie.... I've meet the man twice in 30 yrs.... once back in the 70's at the Lake Havasu Outboard World Championships when there was really only one sanctioning body and one world champion per class.... and again last year at the 1000Island Poker run.... he was very gracious to my son & I, and a gentlemen to everyone around us.... you only make yourselves look like silly by denegrating a man that has the scars & honors in this sport that Reggie does..... what you have accomplished is not enhanced by deminishing what others have..... Adio Zapata
Great post, very elegantly put. However, I view the situation a bit differently. Yea, Reggie has done lots in the offshore arena…FOR HIMSELF. “Yea for Reggie”…Congrats to Reggie on becoming a self-made million-air and succeeding in an arena he obviously loves. Many people have dominated in their fields, whether it’s boating, car racing, engineering, computers, plumbing, science, etc. etc. Does that give them a right to be arrogant azzholes? I’m sorry, but when someone is that arrogant, it takes away from his or her legitimate accomplishments. I’ve said it many times before; I believe Fountain would actually be in a better place if Reggie did not speak!

I don’t think Gino deserves huge congrats for running a cat at pretty normal speeds (for a cat) and beating a V. But I do think Fountain and Reggie’s ridiculous ad campaign deserves to be laughed at for the joke it is. And the fact that this cat was faster (big suprise!) is actually enhanced BECAUSE it deminishes Fountains ludicris ad campaign. It comes to no big suprise but it's still funny as hell!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Great post, very elegantly put. However, I view the situation a bit differently. Yea, Reggie has done lots in the offshore arena…FOR HIMSELF. “Yea for Reggie”…Congrats to Reggie on becoming a self-made million-air and succeeding in an arena he obviously loves. Many people have dominated in their fields, whether it’s boating, car racing, engineering, computers, plumbing, science, etc. etc. Does that give them a right to be arrogant azzholes? I’m sorry, but when someone is that arrogant, it takes away from his or her legitimate accomplishments. I’ve said it many times before; I believe Fountain would actually be in a better place if Reggie did not speak!

I don’t think Gino deserves huge congrats for running a cat at pretty normal speeds (for a cat) and beating a V. But I do think Fountain and Reggie’s ridiculous ad campaign deserves to be laughed at for the joke it is. And the fact that this cat was faster (big suprise!) is actually enhanced BECAUSE it deminishes Fountains ludicris ad campaign. It comes to no big suprise but it's still funny as hell!
I was going to agree with you completly but then I got to the part that said..
I don’t think Gino deserves huge congrats for running a cat at pretty normal speeds (for a cat) and beating a V.

Now you lost all credibility and obvioulsy don't know what the H#ll you are talking about!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I was going to agree with you completly but then I got to the part that said..
I don’t think Gino deserves huge congrats for running a cat at pretty normal speeds (for a cat) and beating a V.

Now you lost all credibility and obvioulsy don't know what the H#ll you are talking about!!!
You know what I mean
Old 02-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Lets take the emotion out of this !!!
Names removed for protecting all innocent untill proven guilty.

Racing rules as told by Ginger!

Any race team of any sort that gets spanked buy a private owned pleasure craft must bow out graciously.

Any race team talking smack at pleasure events and gets beat =
My 2 cents which is only worth 1/2 cent today
Thumper
Old 02-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

some time has gone by from this event. Has Reggie commented?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Cat got his tongue.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 02-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I haven't heard or seen anything from him.....but i did get a T-Shirt
Old 02-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Registered

He's busy building the new product line

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.