Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196674-sarasota-poker-run-cat-killer-fountain-got-spanked.html)

Hauling Trash 10-05-2008 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2706261)
Pete B got took some beautiful pictures (as always). Here are the 2 Fountains. Hopefully Pete has some running shots. Unfortunately the only helicopter with us when the Fountains got what they had coming was Fountains. I doubt we will see any pics or photos from them.

Pete, If you have any running shots of us please let me know, I'd like to buy them. Thank you

The one the right , Is the old Rio Roses , It only has 750`s in her.

Mike

320es 10-05-2008 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by boatman22 (Post 2706293)
Cat Killer does not have a BEAK?

I believe that boat is a 47 "de-beaked". :grinser010:

jimmy mcfly 10-05-2008 07:45 AM

Hard to believe they would do this with the following hanging over their head-

Fountain independent accounting firm, Gregory & Associates, included a letter in the boatbuilder’s Sept. 29 annual report that raised doubts about Fountain’s ability to stay in business.

“The company has current liabilities in excess of current assets, recent losses from operations, negative cash flows from operating activities, and has significant debt compared to the underlying equity,” the accounting firm said in the Sept. 16 letter accompanying Fountain’s annual report.

“These factors raise substantial doubt about the company’s ability to continue as a going concern,” the accounting firm said.

phragle 10-05-2008 08:13 AM

Dont believe what you heare about Reggie being in trouble. one or two trips to the pawn shop with a couple gold chains and they have tremendous cash reserves!! :party-smiley-004:

TeamShogren.com 10-05-2008 09:12 AM

Good job guys, hope to see you at the "Worlds"

Sounds like you guys had a blast, the motors in the three boats were a bit different that you suspect.

The "Cash Killer" has Sterling 1550's.

The "Rio Roses" boat has 750HP Super Cat Motors.

The 42 Poker Run (open canopy) boat running behind you had Mercury 1075's.

LUBE JOB QUOTE - "Reggie showed up with both cat killer boats, full race crew, helmets, jackets, helicopter etc".

As fast as you were going I feel Helmets, Oxygen and jackets should be worn. "If" something happened at least they would be having breakfast talking about it. Wish more events would require safety equipment over certain speeds, we have had to many casualties because we have not taken time to prevent them.

Hope to see you at the "Worlds" in November

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2706185)
Both Fountains looked very similiar. Both closed cockpit boats with bog power (not 1075's). It was not rough but it was very far from smooth as glass. It was probably 2 to 3 for most of the run. The only steering problem the fountain had was when he steered back into the other direction after we ran away from him the third time. Fountian was actually the joke of the noght at the party. An announcement was made to Reggie (which couldn't be there), he was thanked for coming to the run with his boats even though he honly ran them for 8 minutes! I think the Poker runs America home page will have something on it tomorrow.

LapseofReason 10-05-2008 09:15 AM

Gino might have just put Fountain out of biz, you know they wanted some new video of them outruning everybody for the up comming boat shows so they can run it on a loop all dam day, I'm sure it didn't cost too much to send all those people and a chopper there for nothing. Great job Gino somebody needed to rub their nose in it.

stainless 10-05-2008 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by shogren (Post 2706340)
Sounds like you guys had a blast, the motors in the three boats were a bit different that you suspect.

The "Cash Killer" has Sterling 1550's.

The "Rio Roses" boat has 750HP Super Cat Motors.

The 42 Poker Run (open canopy) boat running behind you had Mercury 1075's.

LUBE JOB QUOTE - "Reggie showed up with both cat killer boats, full race crew, helmets, jackets, helicopter etc".

As fast as you were going I feel Helmets, Oxygen and jackets should be worn. "If" something happened at least they would be having breakfast talking about it. Wish more events would require safety equipment over certain speeds, we have had to many casualties because we have not taken time to prevent them.

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com

Interesting, looks like Kitty Fluffer's name has been changed to Cash Killer. Just who will Cash killer be running against in the Worlds??:evilb:

Scott B 10-05-2008 09:46 AM

Explains why their stock dropped to .55 Friday...

boatme 10-05-2008 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by shogren (Post 2706340)

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com

This is true and there should be speed limits at poker runs and if ya wanna race, time to go join a racing orginization

Gino has raced and poker i would like to see gino get into the hunt and campain on the race circut

Only problem is now is the time the racing orginizations get there act together so the fast poker runners will want to come and compete Racing has an oppertunity right now to capitalize on this stop the fractions and fighting and encourage the fast poker runners to come race