Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196674-sarasota-poker-run-cat-killer-fountain-got-spanked.html)

TeamShogren.com 10-05-2008 10:14 AM

Haulin A--, Having Fun & Being Safe

It would be great if racing was like it use to be, one or two great organizations to put on great shows for consumers and spectators. I guess if you want to be like NASCAR, you have to act like NASCAR. Good racing would be great for our industry and potential boat sales. Yes, there are alot of race boats that can't run with poker run boats but regardless accidents don't always happen because people are racing. There have also been alot more deaths in poker runs and pleasure boating than races and it's usually becasue the poker run or pleaseure boat was not equipped with safety gear equivlant to the power and speed of the boat they are in. Even in MIATA Club Spec racing we are now required to wear HANS devices, 6 point harness and NASCAR Cage, all for a car that barely runs over 100MPH. If you're going fast, you're going fast and things can happen as good as all these poker runners and racers are. This however should not impair the safety concerns we need to have for these events. I have no objection to wearing the proper gear and other if it meant saving my life and seeing my kids when I get home. What I would really like to see is more grass root type runs. I feel consumers are intimdated to bring there 25' plus 70MPH boats to these events. They're supposed to be fun get togethers with people that have a common interest. As a dealer I feel this is what ultimately sells boats. There are alot of people on this board that like to comment on subjects and pull for a certain manufactures which is the life blood of this industry and business. The only difference I see between the poker run boats and race boats is a piece of glass tops on top of them, oxygen, high speed/impact jackets and intercoms. In fact, alot of poker run boats exceed race boats in cost, HP and speed.

Lets not get off track. GINO, if you outran the "Cash Killer" you outran the "Cash Killer", hats off to you.

I personally have never been embarrased to be out run by a cat, v-bottoms (that's another story).

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain

Originally Posted by boatme (Post 2706359)
This is true and there should be speed limits at poker runs and if ya wanna race, time to go join a racing orginization

Gino has raced and poker i would like to see gino get into the hunt and campain on the race circut

Only problem is now is the time the racing orginizations get there act together so the fast poker runners will want to come and compete Racing has an oppertunity right now to capitalize on this stop the fractions and fighting and encourage the fast poker runners to come race

chuckbeecher 10-05-2008 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by jimmy mcfly (Post 2706299)
Hard to believe they would do this with the following hanging over their head-

Fountain independent accounting firm, Gregory & Associates, included a letter in the boatbuilder’s Sept. 29 annual report that raised doubts about Fountain’s ability to stay in business.

“The company has current liabilities in excess of current assets, recent losses from operations, negative cash flows from operating activities, and has significant debt compared to the underlying equity,” the accounting firm said in the Sept. 16 letter accompanying Fountain’s annual report.

“These factors raise substantial doubt about the company’s ability to continue as a going concern,” the accounting firm said.

HELL!! There was probably something in all that f*cking PORK in the bailout bill the other day to cover Reggie. They were covering Nascar tracks to Virgin Island rum in the bill. BASTARDS!!

Congrats Gino!!!:ernaehrung004:

lowblue320 10-05-2008 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by shogren (Post 2706340)
Sounds like you guys had a blast, the motors in the three boats were a bit different that you suspect.

The "Cash Killer" has Sterling 1550's.

The "Rio Roses" boat has 750HP Super Cat Motors.

The 42 Poker Run (open canopy) boat running behind you had Mercury 1075's.

LUBE JOB QUOTE - "Reggie showed up with both cat killer boats, full race crew, helmets, jackets, helicopter etc".

As fast as you were going I feel Helmets, Oxygen and jackets should be worn. "If" something happened at least they would be having breakfast talking about it. Wish more events would require safety equipment over certain speeds, we have had to many casualties because we have not taken time to prevent them.

Hope to see you at the "Worlds" in November

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... So Reggie went to race....Thats why all the safety stuff.... Damn sure sucks to get his asz kicked by a pleasure boat (pleasure Boating with 4 people)......It must be a sad day at the Fountain camp but as the old saying says" you made your bed and now you have to lay in it".

rush 10-05-2008 10:36 AM

Congrats Gino! I have a Fountain that I just love, but I get tired of Reggies BS all the time! I don't know why he can't just let his boats owners / fans speak for them selves. Goodluck and I love your boat.

stainless 10-05-2008 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by rush (Post 2706393)
Congrats Gino! I have a Fountain that I just love, but I get tired of Reggies BS all the time! I don't know why he can't just let his boats owners / fans speak for them selves. Goodluck and I love your boat.

best post today!:ernaehrung004:

organizedchaos 10-05-2008 10:48 AM

So if Cash Killer had the 1550's in her yesterday, then Gino dod way better than he even expected. With 1075's in the Cash killer, you would have parked that thing!!!!:ernaehrung004:

organizedchaos 10-05-2008 10:57 AM

Slight hijack

I need to touch on the hijack concerning the "grass roots" poker runs, kilo runs, and racing. I have patially "bailed" on the poker run circuit in the northern Midwest, as the turn outs at these events are dismal. We get far more participants in the "fun Runs" than we do the poker runs. You can blame it on the economy, but that is not it. Scott Shogren hit it right on the head. The smaller boats do not attend the runs due to feeling like they cannot compete.

This year I used the entry fee's that I would have spent in the great north, and went down to the Ticfaw, and the Emerald Coast Poker run, and the promoters for these two runs have it figured out. They do shotgun starts as opposed to grand prix starts, there are no injuries, and pontoon boats can participate in these runs. The attendance triples or quadruples what we have in the Chicago area. Heck, the grand prize at the Emerald Coast run was a 2008 Mustange GT. What a blast!!!!! Just a thought.

lowblue320 10-05-2008 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND (Post 2706390)
Sad day:rolleyes: I'm happy people are talking about Fountains more than any other boat:party-smiley-048:

maybe thats why he did that video last year and got his asz handed to him on yesterday NNOOOOOOOOOTTTT.... I dont believe that a person with an ego like Reggie going thru the worst case of midlife crises ever, that goes as far as dying his hair jet black would ever want to be beat at anything. Any talk of this is negative for him and his bs.....