Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shogren
Anxiously awaiting the video as well. Seems there is more to unfold in the video. We wait with cautious optimisim.

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain
that editing deptment must be hard at work...Lol...
Old 10-05-2008, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First congrats to Gino

Everyone wants to gun for the King, sounds like a very fun run.

Next what motors were being run in the cat??

As for the comment about racing gear, well DUH, at those speeds, great to Fountian for being safe!!!!

Glad to hear it was a great weekend,

WILL
Old 10-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Sad day I'm happy people are talking about Fountains more than any other boat
people are also talking about the stock market but it aint helping either......LOL....
Old 10-05-2008, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anxiously awaiting the video as well. Seems there is more to unfold in the video. We wait with cautious optimisim.

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
40Flatedeck...I heard Reggie is bringing Cat Killer....

I also heard there are going to be some big power OL cats ready to lay in down....

You gonna put on the high boost pulleys and let it eat Gino???

Gino.....I hope they are!! We're all set. I got my new Hering 44P props!!...........................

Reguardless of the out come, I want to know one thing???? How fast was Gino and Larry running when they were playing with the "Cat Killer"???

Last edited by blume; 10-05-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lowblue320
that editing deptment must be hard at work...Lol...
Ha Ha ! True dat!
Old 10-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you guys had a blast, the motors in the three boats were a bit different that you suspect.

The "Cash Killer" has Sterling 1550's.

The "Rio Roses" boat has 750HP Super Cat Motors.

The 42 Poker Run (open canopy) boat running behind you had Mercury 1075's.

LUBE JOB QUOTE - "Reggie showed up with both cat killer boats, full race crew, helmets, jackets, helicopter etc".

As fast as you were going I feel Helmets, Oxygen and jackets should be worn. "If" something happened at least they would be having breakfast talking about it. Wish more events would require safety equipment over certain speeds, we have had to many casualties because we have not taken time to prevent them.

Hope to see you at the "Worlds" in November

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com

Had we known we were going to an all out drag race we would have worn helmets. Actually we would have had about 200 gallons less fuel, 2 less people, we would have left the coolers, ice, tools and other junk back at the dock, and we would have had some worked Hering props rathr than my stock Merc props that were 2 sizes too small for the conditions. Fortunitly even with these factors we still smoked "the fastest boat in the world" accroding to Reggies video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E62JKU8E6I

R.I.P.
CAT KILLER
?-??-2006 to 10-4-2008
Old 10-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Had we known we were going to an all out drag race we would have worn helmets. Actually we would have had about 200 gallons less fuel, 2 less people, we would have left the coolers, ice, tools and other junk back at the dock, and we would have had some worked Hering props rathr than my stock Merc props that were 2 sizes too small for the conditions. Fortunitly even with these factors we still smoked "the fastest boat in the world" accroding to Reggies video.

R.I.P.
CAT KILLER
?-??-2006 to 10-4-2008
I love it !!
Old 10-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Just for the record. Cat killer had a set of TRICK Sterling motors with PSI blowers. I heard they put out well over 1700 HP.
Again, I would not come here and gloat about beating anyone, espically a V-bottom.
Lets remember how this ALL Started!!!

One quote was the same in the video as it was yesterday. It erked me the first time I heard it in the video. "BYE BYE *****cat"! only difference yesterday was who was leaving who!
Old 10-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered

Wonder what kind of homework Reggie's going to have to do now ??
Old 10-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Lets see the video

They're 1550's. I wish they were 1700HP, it sounds like we could have used all of that and more.

Do you have the video from Sarasota of you spanking the Fountain, would like to see it.

I didn't say I agreed with how it "all" started although it came at a time the industry needed to be stimulated, it was good for both Fountain & MTI. I am however more interested in seeing your video out running the Fountain we already know what the 2006 video looks like. Let's at least thank Reggie for keeping it interesting, it 's good for the sport.

Gino, is there now a poker run where people don't lay back? C'mon, anyone would take a shot at that boat even if they could not out run it. How could anyone help themselves and it sounds like you were the one willing to do it.

Post the video when you have it, I am sure all would like to see it.

I can understand even being a Fountain dealer how you would be eerked, it's just the way Reggie has and will do things after 27 years of running up front. If it was not for these so called events where you had the ability to out run his boat we would all be bored.

BTW, you have a great looking boat!!

Regards,

Team Shogren

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Just for the record. Cat killer had a set of TRICK Sterling motors with PSI blowers. I heard they put out well over 1700 HP.
Again, I would not come here and gloat about beating anyone, espically a V-bottom.
Lets remember how this ALL Started!!!

One quote was the same in the video as it was yesterday. It erked me the first time I heard it in the video. "BYE BYE *****cat"! only difference yesterday was who was leaving who!

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.