Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196674-sarasota-poker-run-cat-killer-fountain-got-spanked.html)

stainless 10-05-2008 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2706494)
Had we known we were going to an all out drag race we would have worn helmets. Actually we would have had about 200 gallons less fuel, 2 less people, we would have left the coolers, ice, tools and other junk back at the dock, and we would have had some worked Hering props rathr than my stock Merc props that were 2 sizes too small for the conditions. Fortunitly even with these factors we still smoked "the fastest boat in the world" accroding to Reggies video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E62JKU8E6I

R.I.P.
CAT KILLER
?-??-2006 to 10-4-2008

I love it !!:ernaehrung004:

LubeJobs42 10-05-2008 01:44 PM

Just for the record. Cat killer had a set of TRICK Sterling motors with PSI blowers. I heard they put out well over 1700 HP.
Again, I would not come here and gloat about beating anyone, espically a V-bottom.
Lets remember how this ALL Started!!!

One quote was the same in the video as it was yesterday. It erked me the first time I heard it in the video. "BYE BYE *****cat"! only difference yesterday was who was leaving who!

stainless 10-05-2008 01:49 PM

Wonder what kind of homework Reggie's going to have to do now ??

TeamShogren.com 10-05-2008 02:18 PM

Lets see the video

They're 1550's. I wish they were 1700HP, it sounds like we could have used all of that and more.

Do you have the video from Sarasota of you spanking the Fountain, would like to see it.

I didn't say I agreed with how it "all" started although it came at a time the industry needed to be stimulated, it was good for both Fountain & MTI. I am however more interested in seeing your video out running the Fountain we already know what the 2006 video looks like. Let's at least thank Reggie for keeping it interesting, it 's good for the sport.

Gino, is there now a poker run where people don't lay back? C'mon, anyone would take a shot at that boat even if they could not out run it. How could anyone help themselves and it sounds like you were the one willing to do it.

Post the video when you have it, I am sure all would like to see it.

I can understand even being a Fountain dealer how you would be eerked, it's just the way Reggie has and will do things after 27 years of running up front. If it was not for these so called events where you had the ability to out run his boat we would all be bored.

BTW, you have a great looking boat!!

Regards,

Team Shogren

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2706497)
Just for the record. Cat killer had a set of TRICK Sterling motors with PSI blowers. I heard they put out well over 1700 HP.
Again, I would not come here and gloat about beating anyone, espically a V-bottom.
Lets remember how this ALL Started!!!

One quote was the same in the video as it was yesterday. It erked me the first time I heard it in the video. "BYE BYE *****cat"! only difference yesterday was who was leaving who!

stainless 10-05-2008 02:28 PM

we should move this thread to the Spin Zone!:party-smiley-004:

fund razor 10-05-2008 02:46 PM

The more that comes out, the better the story is.

I also would like to see the video of the suddenly renamed "cash killer" getting spanked by Gino and a boat set up for weekending with 4 guys and a cooler. Next time, take 4 guys, and their dates, a cooler, a TV set and a couple of small dogs. :D

LapseofReason 10-05-2008 03:02 PM

You know after you watch that video, Reggie and his guys look and sound like real A holes, I wish Gino and evrybody with a fast cat would follow him around to every event he go's to and wax his a$$. Gee a full on race boat cant beat a pleasure boat.

Gino do you know how much more your boat weighs than if it was a race lay up. you have to have over 1000#'s of paint and other stuff not needed on a race boat?

blume 10-05-2008 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by blume (Post 2706488)
40Flatedeck...I heard Reggie is bringing Cat Killer....

I also heard there are going to be some big power OL cats ready to lay in down....

You gonna put on the high boost pulleys and let it eat Gino???

Gino.....I hope they are!! We're all set. I got my new Hering 44P props!!...........................

Reguardless of the out come, I want to know one thing???? How fast was Gino and Larry running when they were playing with the "Cat Killer"???

Gino, were you and Larry ready or joy riding?? What speeds were you running and how fast was "Cash Cow" running when you slowed to let them catch up???? Give us some details, everyone wants to know if the Fountain Vee will really run over 170MPH like everyone talks about??

TeamShogren.com 10-05-2008 03:25 PM

Let's not build the speeds, it won't run 170 with 1550's

The 45 Fountain will not run 170MPH like the 40 did, best case high 150's in its current set up. Wider beam, more lenght and weight, needs more HP to out run the current record for v-bottoms.

Does anyone have video? Would like to see how bad the MTI waxed the Fountain?

Post it soon, there are alot of us that would like to see it.

Regards

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain

LubeJobs42 10-05-2008 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by blume (Post 2706529)
Gino, were you and Larry ready or joy riding?? What speeds were you running and how fast was "Cash Cow" running when you slowed to let them catch up???? Give us some details, everyone wants to know if the Fountain Vee will really run over 170MPH like everyone talks about??

As Reggie said in his video, we know how fast we were going. You know for many reasons we don't post speeds here on OSO. It was not near 170. As for the video, The camera man that was hanging out of the Fountain helicoptor has it. They were there to make a video. That's why I would love for it to be posted. We were not prepared to make a video as this was a surprise to us. Reggie has the video. Maybe you can ask him to post it.

If anyone has a doubt of outcome ask anyone that attended the Poker run. As I said there were at least 15 comments made about this at the dinner last night. Everyone is traveling home from the run today but the people that saw the outcome up close will be posting soon.
Mike Fiore is doing a press release tomorrow.

Here is a list of some of the people that saw the outcome up close. I'm sure any one of them will be happy to confirm exactly what happened.

Mike Fiore
Jim Mcentire
Bill Pyburn
Terry Sobo
Bill Taylor
Stew-Poker runs America
Joe-Loose Cannon
Vinny Rafice
Bob Teague
Jim Lee
Gary Stray - Bud light

Oh Yeah
Reggie Fountain

Let me make one comment:

As for the motors making 1500 hp, They were built the same place mine were built. They are very similiar set up except they have PSI's which produce an incrdible amount of power over the Whipples I have. Mike is very proud of his motors as he should be, they are the best. I will call him again tomorrow and confirm the horse power.

If the outcome was any other way, wouldn't Reggie have posted this himself?!