Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we should move this thread to the Spin Zone!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Registered

The more that comes out, the better the story is.

I also would like to see the video of the suddenly renamed "cash killer" getting spanked by Gino and a boat set up for weekending with 4 guys and a cooler. Next time, take 4 guys, and their dates, a cooler, a TV set and a couple of small dogs.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered

You know after you watch that video, Reggie and his guys look and sound like real A holes, I wish Gino and evrybody with a fast cat would follow him around to every event he go's to and wax his a$$. Gee a full on race boat cant beat a pleasure boat.

Gino do you know how much more your boat weighs than if it was a race lay up. you have to have over 1000#'s of paint and other stuff not needed on a race boat?
Old 10-05-2008, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by blume
40Flatedeck...I heard Reggie is bringing Cat Killer....

I also heard there are going to be some big power OL cats ready to lay in down....

You gonna put on the high boost pulleys and let it eat Gino???

Gino.....I hope they are!! We're all set. I got my new Hering 44P props!!...........................

Reguardless of the out come, I want to know one thing???? How fast was Gino and Larry running when they were playing with the "Cat Killer"???
Gino, were you and Larry ready or joy riding?? What speeds were you running and how fast was "Cash Cow" running when you slowed to let them catch up???? Give us some details, everyone wants to know if the Fountain Vee will really run over 170MPH like everyone talks about??
Old 10-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Let's not build the speeds, it won't run 170 with 1550's

The 45 Fountain will not run 170MPH like the 40 did, best case high 150's in its current set up. Wider beam, more lenght and weight, needs more HP to out run the current record for v-bottoms.

Does anyone have video? Would like to see how bad the MTI waxed the Fountain?

Post it soon, there are alot of us that would like to see it.

Regards

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain
Old 10-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
Gino, were you and Larry ready or joy riding?? What speeds were you running and how fast was "Cash Cow" running when you slowed to let them catch up???? Give us some details, everyone wants to know if the Fountain Vee will really run over 170MPH like everyone talks about??

As Reggie said in his video, we know how fast we were going. You know for many reasons we don't post speeds here on OSO. It was not near 170. As for the video, The camera man that was hanging out of the Fountain helicoptor has it. They were there to make a video. That's why I would love for it to be posted. We were not prepared to make a video as this was a surprise to us. Reggie has the video. Maybe you can ask him to post it.

If anyone has a doubt of outcome ask anyone that attended the Poker run. As I said there were at least 15 comments made about this at the dinner last night. Everyone is traveling home from the run today but the people that saw the outcome up close will be posting soon.
Mike Fiore is doing a press release tomorrow.

Here is a list of some of the people that saw the outcome up close. I'm sure any one of them will be happy to confirm exactly what happened.

Mike Fiore
Jim Mcentire
Bill Pyburn
Terry Sobo
Bill Taylor
Stew-Poker runs America
Joe-Loose Cannon
Vinny Rafice
Bob Teague
Jim Lee
Gary Stray - Bud light

Oh Yeah
Reggie Fountain

Let me make one comment:

As for the motors making 1500 hp, They were built the same place mine were built. They are very similiar set up except they have PSI's which produce an incrdible amount of power over the Whipples I have. Mike is very proud of his motors as he should be, they are the best. I will call him again tomorrow and confirm the horse power.

If the outcome was any other way, wouldn't Reggie have posted this himself?!
Old 10-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Realizing Shogren wasn't running the boat when the ck video was filmed, I still can't get over the irony of them lecturing you on the safety issue when the original ck crew was the ones who (in that video) certainly ignored common sense and safety..

Congrats Gino, sounds like a hell of a good run
Old 10-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott B
Realizing Shogren wasn't running the boat when the ck video was filmed, I still can't get over the irony of them lecturing you on the safety issue when the original ck crew was the ones who (in that video) certainly ignored common sense and safety..

Congrats Gino, sounds like a hell of a good run
Scott B. keep in mind that they cant loose, there will also be smoke and mirrors. Luckely there were some respected eye witnesses there.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Registered

Whole thread is STUPID!! When anyone of the idiots posting comments about Reggie Fountain on the site can produce a resume as impressive as his, then I will take your comments seriously. Why don't you blow hards whip out 10's of millions of dollars to sponsor races, promote the sport, or advance technology in th sports. Sorry to burst your I beat a Fountain ego. Just goes to show how awsome Fountain's really are. Anyone thats gives to sh*ts about one stupid POKER RUN should remember the HUNDREDS of victory's the Fountain has under there belt. Lets look at the list of names above now for example.....
Mike Fiore....who gives a sh*t.
Bill Taylor....I believethat Reggie has sponsored many events for them. Also has spend many advertising dollars with them.
Bob Teage...great guy. How many drives, motors and parts has he sold to fountain owners? Im sure he would admit that if it wasnt for Reggie this sport would never have reached todays standards.

The bottom line......SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT REGGIE. DOES HE HAVE AN EGO? DARN RIGHT!!! DOES HE HAVE A REASON TO? WITHOUT DOUBT!!
Old 10-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
The bottom line......SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT REGGIE. DOES HE HAVE AN EGO? DARN RIGHT!!! DOES HE HAVE A REASON TO? WITHOUT DOUBT!!
100.s of victory..... YES HE DOES! is Fountain a fast V? your Fuc-ing right it is..., but when you show up at a poker run without letting anyone know you were there to race and video tape it for promotional reasons is a sucker punch in my book. So if he was a true king he would let everyone know he was comming.....the most important fact is that he and his ego got slammed........LOL...........

Last edited by lowblue320; 10-05-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.