Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If he wasn't a putz, he'd get more respect.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:01 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shogren
The 45 Fountain will not run 170MPH like the 40 did, best case high 150's in its current set up.

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain
OH i thought Pound for Pound fountains are the "fastest" boats built????? i was there and watched it happen..if we had not followed the formula pace that ran aground we would have passed him too before he turned around.. strange we(golddiger) Gino and cat killer were all running 1500's or less.(1300 in our case) they should have done what they did in jax... walk down the dock see what was there and never put the boat in..just leave it on the trailer
Old 10-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

hmmmm FUNNY. Reggie is a putz.....SCOTT B. post your accomplishments and resume. And as far as Reggie just showing up...who cares? outerlimits took a picture of there GPS and claimed worlds fastest vbottom. Reggis has invited all boat builders many times to events. Do you think he gives a crp who shows up? why should you care where he goes or shows up at? Maybe you would preffer a 2 page add in all boating magizines to anounce the comming of "The king".
Old 10-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=fountainracing65;2706583]Whole thread is STUPID!! When anyone of the idiots posting comments about Reggie Fountain on the site can produce a resume as impressive as his, then I will take your comments seriously. Why don't you blow hards whip out 10's of millions of dollars to sponsor races, promote the sport, or advance technology in th sports. Sorry to burst your I beat a Fountain ego. Just goes to show how awsome Fountain's really are. Anyone thats gives to sh*ts about one stupid POKER RUN should remember the HUNDREDS of victory's the Fountain has under there belt.

So, It wasn't stupid to base his whole "cat killer" campaign off of " One Stupid Poker Run ". But when by the way at more than "one stupid poker run" he gets his ass handed to him by first an old Skater, and then now at another "stupid poker run"
another cat with 4 dudes, their cooler, tools, and not even propped right whips their ass it's inappropriate to comment? Are you for real?. Like I read earlier, you lay in the bed you make. Fountain clearly instigated this topic with his behavior, or did you conveniently forget? The thread is not stupid, an ass who comes on disguised as a registered member insulting people is stupid. Hell, you may even be Reggie himself finding a cowardly way to try and minimize your embarrassment. Did you call it stupid back when "Cat Killer" was posted after "One Stupid Poker Run" ? No one has denied Fountains success or belittled his contributions to the sport. However noone will also deny he is an arrogant ass and this is what would be perceived as poetic justice. P.S. OSO Memberships are cheap. Get one! Unless your busy dying your hair jet black and already have one!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

OSO membership? Well there are only about 3 or 4 people on this site that I can say have valued opinions or advice. The rest is just to funny not to read. And to correct you....reggie has been using cat killer or similar phrases for decades.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=fountainracing65;2706603] And as far as Reggie just showing up...who cares? outerlimits took a picture of there GPS and claimed worlds fastest vbottom.QUOTE]

if they took a picture of there GPS and claimed to be the fastest, it is no insult to anyone...But if they instead said that they have the worlds fastest v bottom with a video of outerlimits race boat and crew in a pokerrun running a fountain that wasnt ready to race then I would say its a sucker punch but believable, once you say a bike can beat a plane then your talking **** and you get whats comming....

(only an example) Heres an example show me a picture of you and were you hang-out, I will show up and sucker punch the fuc- out of you and even probably knock you out and claim that I can kick your asz........But think of this,if I did that made a video and tried to do it again (sucker punch someone else) and when I did I get my ass kicked, be honest wouldn't you be on the floor laughing......I did.......

think about what you write before you do please....
Old 10-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered

blah blah blah. Im going out to the garage to wax my Skater.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
Whole thread is STUPID!! When anyone of the idiots posting comments about Reggie Fountain on the site can produce a resume as impressive as his, then I will take your comments seriously. Why don't you blow hards whip out 10's of millions of dollars to sponsor races, promote the sport, or advance technology in th sports. Sorry to burst your I beat a Fountain ego. Just goes to show how awsome Fountain's really are. Anyone thats gives to sh*ts about one stupid POKER RUN should remember the HUNDREDS of victory's the Fountain has under there belt. Lets look at the list of names above now for example.....
Mike Fiore....who gives a sh*t.
Bill Taylor....I believethat Reggie has sponsored many events for them. Also has spend many advertising dollars with them.
Bob Teage...great guy. How many drives, motors and parts has he sold to fountain owners? Im sure he would admit that if it wasnt for Reggie this sport would never have reached todays standards.

The bottom line......SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT REGGIE. DOES HE HAVE AN EGO? DARN RIGHT!!! DOES HE HAVE A REASON TO? WITHOUT DOUBT!!

FYI...
I met Reggie in 1993 at the Pier 33/Thundermarine Poker Run. He was driving Ohio Steel (I think it had a record at the time for about 133 MPH) Eddie K. was there also.
Reggie was errogant and showing off. OK. it's a business.. sell.. marketing.. no prob. He phucked me on a business deal with Motorola years later. I also met Eddie K. there. Two totaly different individuals. Both into boats... motors designs etc.. I had some deals with Merc.. great bunch of people... Fountains are fast boats,, but knowing Reggie and his self proclaimed BS agenda.. I wouldn't own a Fountain if Noah himself would ask me or would need one. (not knocking the boats here, however. Just RF's attitude.)
Besides.. anyone remember when he built a cat? it was red.
And lately he bashes all the cats??
So good for you Gino/Larry.. Put him in his place and make him hush for a while.

BTW... Fountainracing... Reggie didn't invent or do anything new. He has Brunswick funding.. and often succes = $ spent.
And I was at the run.. I saw Gino and Larry getting ready for the run.. Smiling,, having fun.. The fountain boys were all serious.. business like... Not a "Poker Run" disposition.
No doubt Fountain has a great race record. Fast boats and set ups.. No reason to have a "Cat Killer" marketing scheme,, especially when Fountain had a cat at one time. What goes around... comes around..
Gino/Larry = Reggie spankers. He deserved and needed one.

I wish I had the $ to get a "Fountain V killer V"
But.. to be fare.. RF does make fast and OK boats.. great racing history... business is business.. but his attitude and profesionalism.. (going back on his word and agreement... knocking other boats. etc..) just got to go.
IE.. Skater,, MTI.. Nortech.. all make great cats.. I never heard any one of them bashing the other. They promote their own, not bashing some one else... or some "type" of boat.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

OSO membership? Well there are only about 3 or 4 people on this site that I can say have valued opinions or advice. The rest is just to funny not to read. And to correct you....reggie has been using cat killer or similar phrases for decades.

I stand corrected, he has been an arrogant ass for decades. Thank you for helping to prove my point. This is the result of those decades ! I respect the same 3 or 4 "members" on this sight that you do along with any other "Member" or even non-member, or F#@king opinionated coward like you that has something to contribute.
By the way when you grow balls and become a member I strongly suggest the Uncensored Forum, if your going to laugh with use you might as well see some members wives naked too!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmmm FUNNY. Reggie is a putz.....SCOTT B. post your accomplishments and resume. And as far as Reggie just showing up...who cares? outerlimits took a picture of there GPS and claimed worlds fastest vbottom. Reggis has invited all boat builders many times to events. Do you think he gives a crp who shows up? why should you care where he goes or shows up at? Maybe you would preffer a 2 page add in all boating magizines to anounce the comming of "The king".
Accomplishments, and being a putz, are three different things..

You are actually correct on one point, his accomplishments are numerous, and his accomplishments should be respected .

Doesn't make him any less of a putz...

It took the ck video to show the world just how big of a putz he is..

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.