Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does it really matter. I thought this was a poker run. Golddigger could have easily been first if I wanted to push it. We had a our wives with us and had no intention to run real hard. Too many egos
Old 10-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

good stuff Gino...cant beleive the vid isnt up on you tube yet. that in itself is telling the true story
Old 10-06-2008, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Let's keep that going for while!
you opportunist...
Old 10-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rush
I don't Gino was bashing Fountains, Its just Reggie. correct me if i"m wrong.
I didn't mean to infer that Gino was bashing Fountain boats or Reggie for that matter, he was just beating them. From what I have read about Gino on OSO he is a gentleman. It's everyone else that seems to be doing the bashing, wheather they have driven an Fountian, rode in a Fountian, or even looked at a Fountian. Whenever I read a thread like this it never ceases to amaze how many people with no apparent connection like to pile on.

My only questions are, did the Cash/Cat Killer boats make to the first stop? And were there any V-Hulls that beat them? That sounds like it may be an interesting thread.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Registered

First three boats to the stop were all CATS!

Justice is coming #1

Gold digger #2

Loose Cannon #3
Old 10-06-2008, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
good stuff Gino...cant beleive the vid isnt up on you tube yet. that in itself is telling the true story
You want to see it.............Reggie's helicopter, Reggie's video guy and Reggie's video, I guess you get the picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterbum

My guess is 40 pages by the end of October.
If Reggie would just post once, we could have that by the end of the day!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
If Reggie would just post once, we could have that by the end of the day!
I think Reggie's like McCain in the computer department????????????????????? Plus Reggie is busy today with the Baja Dealer Meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blume; 10-06-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rush
I don't Gino was bashing Fountains, Its just Reggie. correct me if i"m wrong.
I'm in no way bashing fountain or Reggie. I like fountains very much, my 38 was my passion for 3 years. Reggie was an Idol of mine sice I was a young kid. Two years ago Reggie made a video that made the owner of Speed Race look bad. Reggie made a lot of comments that I felt were in poor taste. I also felt Reggie, being an Idol and roll model for many people over the years made a very poor decision and lowered himself to a level that made him look very bad. His records, history and accomplishments speak for themselves to make a video and attack a fello boater and make him look bad is just not nice.
Reggies guys were there Saturday for one reason, to do the same thing. If things went differently I would have been the schmuck in the video this morning.
If any of the story isn't true, why isn't Reggies video posted here? Why did Reggies boat run 8 miles, turn around and go back on the trailer. No lunch stop, no cocktail party, no dinner, GONE by the time we got back. Because he was not there for a poker run.
We got a call from a friend this morning that said he heard from someone on this board that Reggie said his guys blew by us and dominted us for 17 miles. I hope to God he didn't really say that. I know he is a better man than that. I know my child hood idol is man enough to admit he was beaten. Everyone is entitled to a bad day. The next one may be mine (I have a lot of them). I am open to a rematch at any time. I just hope in my heart my child hood idol which I looked up to like a rock star for years, that made me love this sport, keeps his integrity and admits it was just not their day.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gusman
First three boats to the stop were all CATS!
Justice is coming #1
Gold digger #2
Loose Cannon #3
This is off the subject a bit.. (sorry) but this is a perfect example of what the Poker Runs evolved to. More of a "race" then an event. More then a decade ago, we were running a 32', with twin black hawks, 502's. Hull No. 1. We wanted to be in the first "few" at the dock/wall to show off the boat. OK it was a sales/marketing thing. But we really didn't race anyone. Just had fun and ran hard enough to be on the front pack.
Being first at the stop really don't mean much, however. It all depands on how hard you want to push your boat.
I know that many "fast boats with big horses" don't want to brake their $3000 flat screen TV, just to get the first few spots at lunch. (it's a good thing I don't have a flat screen. )
Just wondering.. if the Poker Run clubs would make a fun run.. more of a friendly "race" run before or after the actual poker run, for boats that want to participate. In line start.. designated finish spot.. etc.. Then you can actually brag about speeds and winnings. Being front at first stop may just mean that he didn't stop for (or was front of) a boat that had some mech. trouble. (several boats and I stopped several times to check on some boats that seemed to have trouble)
Just a thought and my .02

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.