Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
it's also advertising without spending a dime!
Using that logic, it is a fantastic week for OJ Simpson. Lots of people talking. His next book will sell millions. A marketing genius.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
It's ok, you get your own thread ad I'm going to post pictures of Mccain !!!

Any other shots of the Mercedes boat? I do want a copy of the one you already posted.
Ha! We'll wind up in the bilge if you do that, and I'm tryin to stay outta there!

Thanks- I've got 3 or 4 as you came through the pass- I'll zap em over later today.

In addition to getting more boat in the picture, the diagonal blur effect is a good way to add some visual excitement to an otherwise mundane shot of a boat running in flat water-
I did a print last week for the first time using the technique and it blew me away- completely unexpected how good it looked.
I'm planning on using it a lot more in the future.

Thanks again.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 10-06-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Back4More
Were there any other fast V's there other than the Fountain's?
Factory Billet in the pix above is no slug!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shogren

I have no objection to wearing the proper gear and other if it meant saving my life and seeing my kids when I get home.

What I would really like to see is more grass root type runs. I feel consumers are intimdated to bring there 25' plus 70MPH boats to these events.

The only difference I see between the poker run boats and race boats is a piece of glass tops on top of them, oxygen, high speed/impact jackets and intercoms. In fact, alot of poker run boats exceed race boats in cost, HP and speed.

Regards,

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
Fountain & Baja By Fountain
I think the only way you're going to get more of the "grass roots" crowd, is to stop bringing full blown raceboats to the runs.

The average guy that doesn't read OSO, or keep up with the race scene, doesn't know the Fountain Race boats at the poker run may not by the fastest boats there. They just know they're raceboats, and that causes more intimidation than open cockpits "pleasure boats" with pretty paint. They REALLY feel outgunned when they are tied up next to guys putting space suits on, vs a group wearing swimsuits and matching lifejackets, loading a cooler, and blairing the stereo.

I for one like seeing the raceboats at the runs, because I rarely go to the races. They are fun to run around with, and to see how my boat stacks up against a few of them.

I also think your dealership is the best thing Fountain has going for them overall! It's a tough industry and I hope you're getting some good business throughout it all.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Nice job to everyone on a safe, and mildly entertaining, Poker Run.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Gino, I think GatorOne, or a search here on OSO, will give you the date of the 2006 Jax run. That will give you a "Born On' date for CatKiller.

That would help with the shirts.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Originally Posted by BLee
I think the only way you're going to get more of the "grass roots" crowd, is to stop bringing full blown raceboats to the runs.

The average guy that doesn't read OSO, or keep up with the race scene, doesn't know the Fountain Race boats at the poker run may not by the fastest boats there. They just know they're raceboats, and that causes more intimidation than open cockpits "pleasure boats" with pretty paint. They REALLY feel outgunned when they are tied up next to guys putting space suits on, vs a group wearing swimsuits and matching lifejackets, loading a cooler, and blairing the stereo.

I for one like seeing the raceboats at the runs, because I rarely go to the races. They are fun to run around with, and to see how my boat stacks up against a few of them.

I also think your dealership is the best thing Fountain has going for them overall! It's a tough industry and I hope you're getting some good business throughout it all.
Right as usual BLee. I think you can run pretty well with the "race boats". Of course, holding myself in place and screaming like a girl in the backseat might not be the best indicator.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
That's right. I was only doing 80-90 mph. I'm not a Cat Killer by any means. With 750 Supercats that burn a lot of fuel, I was more worried about finishing the run that being the fastest. And we always look like a race team with full equipment, as it is not fun hitting the roll cage with your head after a hard landing.
I think I had one of the smaller engine packages anyway after what I saw on the dock.
I enjoy bring my raceboat to the events. For me it is not a race but a big social event with comraderie like I had in racing.

I also represent PRA sponsor Rio Roses who likes me bringing the boat too.

So I'll keep bringing it and not threaten anyone by it. 80-90 mph for me is just fine. Remember, it's not a race, right?

A special thanks to Larry Goldman who was so gracious to us at the dock helping to get us situated in a nasty crosswind.

Rich Troppoli
Hi Rich. Your boat looks great in the photo and like I said in a Poker Run someone always comes in with something faster no matter what boat it is. I to like Fountains they are sleek, fast and have a look no other boat has. The problem is with the marketing that is being done. My friend just bought his Donzi and was proud of her, the rep from Fountain was down right Rude to him to prove a point that after the next day the Rep had to put his foot in his mouth. Thats what Reggie is doing with his Cat Killer! bringing it to Poker Runs to beat up Cats so he uses that as a marketing tool. "Not a Good Approach" to a market that you are trying to sell boats to. Fountain always did a great job on the Racing circuit and like I said is a good boat.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Gino-congrats.I will take a xxl shirt when you get them made.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
"Not a Good Approach" to a market that you are trying to sell boats to.
Could'nt agree more. It's funny to read "Reggie's got you guys talking about Fountain"...Yea, talking sh!t.
"Bad press is better than no press"...Uhhh, I highly doubt anyone on here will look at this thread and say, "wow, I should go buy a fountain now"

On the other hand, if he just let his race record, speed runs and poker run support do the work for him...He'd be reveared in this industry. Unfortunately the company let's him talk and the outcome is he's thought of as a joke by the majority of this hobby. Bad press in this industry is just that...Bad press.

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.