Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...eggie+Fountain
Old 10-06-2008, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
I think the only way you're going to get more of the "grass roots" crowd, is to stop bringing full blown raceboats to the runs.

The average guy that doesn't read OSO, or keep up with the race scene, doesn't know the Fountain Race boats at the poker run may not by the fastest boats there. They just know they're raceboats, and that causes more intimidation than open cockpits "pleasure boats" with pretty paint. They REALLY feel outgunned when they are tied up next to guys putting space suits on, vs a group wearing swimsuits and matching lifejackets, loading a cooler, and blairing the stereo.

I for one like seeing the raceboats at the runs, because I rarely go to the races. They are fun to run around with, and to see how my boat stacks up against a few of them.

I also think your dealership is the best thing Fountain has going for them overall! It's a tough industry and I hope you're getting some good business throughout it all.
Brandon,

I'm not sure if I totally agree with you. I think the real key is to make everyone feel welcome. Surely anyone with any type of performance boat that is gonna enter a run would be at least somewhat knowledgeable about the participating boats and what to expect, wouldn't they? It seems unlikely that they would just decide to join a run without knowing the deal.

Grass roots is exactly the type of events that we put on with Ft Myers Offshore- our philosophy from the beginning has been that it doesn't need to be a big production. Just get out and have some fun. Our run this weekend is the first one ever that will require paperwork of any kind. For liability reasons, we incorporated as a not-for-profit LLC and now require membership in the club to participate in the runs. To deal with the issue of smaller boats, we split into two groups, and so far it has worked out fine.

I guess my point is that it can be done, and I imagine others are doing it, too. Maybe some of the big runs have become so big that people are intimidated by the sheer number of heavy hitters.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

I have fun giving out crap. Did anyone see the photo shop of the google page that had "Jesus Christ our Savior" in the search line and all the lines came up with something to do with Reggie? If anyone has that please post it. I think a Baja guy made it.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
I would think more people would argue that the "King" was killed on 188th in Miami 21 years ago.

But this thread is about how Gino inadvertently kicked azz.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:16 PM
cloke

I can't tell you how many PRA drivers meetings I've sat threw where it was driven into our head that it isn't a race.
When I hear it next I'm going to stand up and tell them to PHK OFF.
If anyone else would have pulled this stupid stunt they would have had their number pulled and sent packing instantly.

Funny how all the safety speeches go down the toilet when its a major sponsor that acts up.

The stupid idiot sells his boats 10 to 1 to poker runners over race teams.
When we can't get Poker Run insurance cuz of his ego it will look good on him.

PRA should be ashamed of themselves for facilitating it.

Theres a time and place for everything and this BS shouldn't happen at a Poker Run to the possible detriment of hundreds of poker runners.

Just my .30

Old 10-06-2008, 10:27 PM
cloke

I forgot to mention

GREAT PICS JAY....AS ALWAYS

Old 10-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cloke
I forgot to mention

GREAT PICS JAY....AS ALWAYS
Ditto...fabulous!

I for one enjoy seeing all the heavy duty hardware at the runs. I never hear anyone say they won't do a run because they feel intimidated. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Congrats Gino!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:42 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Gino. I was wondering if they would ever show up again.

I think Cash Killer is a great name.

When I started the thread to try and call them out, http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ght=cat+chaser, I thought they would at least say something. I had no idea they would wait and wait to see if they could show up at a run secretly like before. I'm really glad Gino had enough without the speed props to do it. XL for me too.

Maybe now they will start talking about how fast of a Vee they have and get away from all of this bull. However, it sure makes for an end to a boring day.

It is hard to believe they say they beat maxed out, Quote: Saxman "if you saw american powerboat tv a few months back, reg claimed he beat maxed out in NYC as well, so I can't wait to see what he says about this event........... "

Won at Aronow in the earlier post, and now will probably say they were quickly pulling up to pass Gino three times but had metric drain plug problems every time they were ready to pass and the cat got away.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
I'd rather go with Rosie O' donnel over Carmen Electra because Carmen acts like her Shet dosen't stink

no, and im not spending money on either of them and doesnt Rosie have a penis
Old 10-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cloke

PRA should be ashamed of themselves for facilitating it.

Just my .30

I don't think PRA did anything wrong. I don't believe they new anything was going on with Reggies guys. No one did. The boat showed up 30 minutes before the run. I'm sure it ws probably registered under the name of the owner as all boats were. How could they have known the race team was going to be jumping in the boat?

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.