Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-12-2008, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If is a mighty big word.They dont follow the rules-they should be made a example out of and banned.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
The Desert Storm Poker Run (the largest poker run event in the country) allows all types, classes and sizes to participate. The starts are staggared by speed capability. Never a problem.

That is great thisistank. Will be keeping my eye's open to see all the 18-24 footers on the DVD's of not only the Desert Storm Poker Run but all of the big Poker Runs.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

There are also a lot of smaller boatsa on the Emerald coast run.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
There are also a lot of smaller boatsa on the Emerald coast run.
Like I said before, that is great. Let's start seeing some or more pic's of the smaller boats that run in the Poker Runs and Fun Runs.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 2,943 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
That is great thisistank. Will be keeping my eye's open to see all the 18-24 footers on the DVD's of not only the Desert Storm Poker Run but all of the big Poker Runs.
NOt to get off track here but I don't think I understand you point?

Every year the promoters of the DS poker run state over and over that all boats, fast and slow, big and small are welcome to join, participate and enjoy all aspects of the poker run. And each year they routinely get several boats under 24' and boats that aren't usually considered "performance boats" As does the SCOPE poker run.

As everyone knows, it's the big boats such as Bill Pyburns boats or Gino's boat or the CRC race boats, etc. that get all the attention. This doesn't mean smaller/slowerboats are not welcome. Peruse www.lakeracerllc.com or www.scopeinfo.com for pictures of all participant boats.

With all that said, it still wont stop those that wish to let their boats hang out, do so. There's no speed limits at the SCOPE poker run nor at various points on the Desert Storm poker run. There's also parts of Big Cat that there's no speed limits and many other poker runs that have no speed limits. Matter of fact the only poker runs I know of that has a pace boat through the whole poker run are the FPC poker runs. That doesn't mean that the promoters of other events don't consider safety priority #1.

Common sense is the rule in most of these poker runs. Drive with common sense at a safe speed. Don't over drive boat or driver capabilities.

Gino, the Fountains and Bill Pyburn were out in front of everyone else, away from spectators and other PR boats running at high speeds. I don't see a problem myself. They didn't break any Poker Run rules.

Race boats, poker run boats, family boats, house boats...I say all are welcome to have fun.

And as you asked. Heres a couple pics of smaller boats enjoying Desert Storm.
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked-ds070452.jpg   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked-ds070660.jpg   Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked-ds070558.jpg  

Last edited by thisistank; 10-12-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every year the promoters of the DS poker run state over and over that all boats, fast and slow, big and small are welcome to join, participate and enjoy all aspects of the poker run. And each year they routinely get several boats under 24' and boats that aren't usually considered "performance boats" As does the SCOPE poker run.

As everyone knows, it's the big boats such as Bill Pyburns boats or Gino's boat or the CRC race boats, etc. that get all the attention. This doesn't mean smaller/slowerboats are not welcome. Peruse www.lakeracerllc.com or www.scopeinfo.com for pictures of all participant boats.

With all that said, it still wont stop those that wish to let their boats hang out, do so. There's no speed limits at the SCOPE poker run nor at various points on the Desert Storm poker run. There's also parts of Big Cat that there's no speed limits and many other poker runs that have no speed limits. Matter of fact the only poker runs I know of that has a pace boat through the whole poker run are the FPC poker runs. That doesn't mean that the promoters of other events don't consider safety priority #1.

Common sense is the rule in most of these poker runs. Drive with common sense at a safe speed. Don't over drive boat or driver capabilities.

Gino, the Fountains and Bill Pyburn were out in front of everyone else, away from spectators and other PR boats running at high speeds. I don't see a problem myself. They didn't break any Poker Run rules.

Race boats, poker run boats, family boats, house boats...I say all are welcome to have fun.

Love the 3rd pic " Look ma no hands" -haha.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:10 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They will probably post the part of the video were Gino was slowing down to let them catch up and edit out the parts were he was on the sticks....
Old 10-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Love the 3rd pic " Look ma no hands" -haha.
Ummm Joker, the third pic is a West coast Left hand helm boat. The Driver looks firmly in control.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What is it you don't understand, my point was that many of the bigger Poker Runs, don't let in any boats smaller then 24 ft. and they must be capable of cruising at least 50 MPH or so to enter, so they can keep up. When I look at most Powerboating Magazines I don't see any 24 ft. or smaller boats in them, unless it is a Regatta by a Manufacture who builds the smaller boats. What I see in the magazines are some 28 footers and up, when I look at some DVD's, I really don't see any boats smaller then 24 ft., if I see any at all. When I go on a web-site such as Poker Runs America 1000 Island run and look at the pic's, I don't see any small boats, they are all the big boys. Smaller to me is 24 or smaller, like you said earlier in your post an 18 ft. Bayliner would be OK. I can tell you that if a smaller boat does enter a Poker Run and I'm talking, one of the big ones and not a small local one and if they don't want to blow their boat up or over drive their capablities trying to hit 50 MPH to keep up, they will cruise about 35 MPH. and that is fine. We all want to have a great and SAFE time. In reality there is no fun when you are in the Poker Run and you are a smaller boat when everyone has left you well, well behind as they can cruise at 50-80 MPH with no problem. The Dessert Storm Poker Run had about 198 boats in it, when I counted the list of boats and out of them there were 42 boats 28 ft. or smaller I/4 of the fleet and out of those 42 smaller boats there were a just a few boats 19-24 ft.. Out of those 42 smaller boats many were capable of cruising at 50 MPH as some were cats. The Dessert Storm Poker Run is an exception from most I have seen. When I mentioned speed, I was referring to how fast your boat has to be capable of running to enter the event not about limits on top speed. Safety is always the number one priority and should be in any Poker Run or Fun Run. I was also agreeing with you on your original post when you said we should all have fun no matter what size boat you have. My post was that you do not see to many smaller boats at any of the bigger Poker Runs and I'd like to see more smaller boats at these Poker Runs and Fun Runs as not everyone can afford to buy a bigger or faster boat but we can all still have fun. We all love to see the big boyz as they are the one's that attract all the attention and we all want to see them but it would be nice to see more smaller boats attending Poker Runs everywhere and to see some pictures of some of the smaller boats as well as they are just as excited if not more to be able to participate in the event.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I know many of the runs are in rough water. We get beat up quite a bit at these runs. I couldn't imagine being in a 24' boat.
The sarasota run was about 80 miles to the lunch stop. If a 24' boat was running in that run, they probably would have only been able to run 30 mph as bumpy as it was. That would mean it would take 2 and a half hours to get to the first stop. If the larger boats are able to run at 70 to 80 that would mean the larger boats would get there an hour and a half before the smaller boats.
I do know there are a lot of runs in Louisiana and Oklahoma that are for smaller boats due to the size of the lakes and rivers.

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.