Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked >

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Notices

Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Old 10-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GORT
Heck, I beat him Key West to Cancun by 29 minutes !! We were both sanctioned.

You beat his time but you did not beat Reggie on a Race Course..... but still a credible feat.... I saw your boat at the 1000 Islands Poker Run.... Sate of the Art for 2008.... Care to remind the readers what Reggie made that trek in?
It appears Reggie dosen't like to race on a race course where the others are actually prepared to race.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
It appears Reggie dosen't like to race on a race course where the others are actually prepared to race.
Thats exactly what I was going to type, word for word!

Reggies busy trying to make the Bajas faster so watch out!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Gino made me do this.
Well, not really. It was his idea, but it works... so why not?

16x20 prints available for fifty bucks.
Shoot me a pm if yer interested.

Attached Thumbnails Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked-mbvck.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 10-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Ya, a Fountain !! LOL Everyone knows. Not my fault he picked his most ineficient hull ( debateable I'm sure ) to do it with and then claims a "world record". Actually Reggie was delivering the boat to Mexico and being the marketeing genius ( debateable again ) he is, he turns it into a "world record" feat that stood from 2003.
We did it just for the hellovit and had a blast. I had actually considered it to be a "soft target".
Thank you for the complimentary portion of your post.
Bob
You also did it to raise money for a very worthwhile cause, not as a ploy to bad-mouth others. Big difference and one of the reasons for the respect you get. Gino too.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:00 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Wink

You folks must be young to rmember.... I remember watching with admiration Reggie in Champ boats with Bill Seebold and a host of other drives their a s s ses off..... when he was a younger man... then when he switched to Offshore boats he continued to dominate on the race course....in boats he designed himself and drove himself.... how many here can say that?

What perverse satisfaction you all get out of bashing a 70 yr old man who has devoted his life to promoting a sport you all seem to enjoy a great deal.... I got a news flash for you.... none of you are beating Reggie when you beat his product.... you're all kidding yourself if you think by beating one of his produscts you've done something to hurt Reggie.... I've meet the man twice in 30 yrs.... once back in the 70's at the Lake Havasu Outboard World Championships when there was really only one sanctioning body and one world champion per class.... and again last year at the 1000Island Poker run.... he was very gracious to my son & I, and a gentlemen to everyone around us.... you only make yourselves look like silly by denegrating a man that has the scars & honors in this sport that Reggie does..... what you have accomplished is not enhanced by deminishing what others have..... Adio Zapata
Old 10-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

You folks must be young to rmember.... I remember watching with admiration Reggie in Champ boats with Bill Seebold and a host of other drives their a s s ses off..... when he was a younger man... then when he switched to Offshore boats he continued to dominate on the race course....in boats he designed himself and drove himself.... how many here can say that?

What perverse satisfaction you all get out of bashing a 70 yr old man who has devoted his life to promoting a sport you all seem to enjoy a great deal.... I got a news flash for you.... none of you are beating Reggie when you beat his product.... you're all kidding yourself if you think by beating one of his produscts you've done something to hurt Reggie.... I've meet the man twice in 30 yrs.... once back in the 70's at the Lake Havasu Outboard World Championships when there was really only one sanctioning body and one world champion per class.... and again last year at the 1000Island Poker run.... he was very gracious to my son & I, and a gentlemen to everyone around us.... you only make yourselves look like silly by denegrating a man that has the scars & honors in this sport that Reggie does..... what you have accomplished is not enhanced by deminishing what others have..... Adio Zapata

Good post. I agree. Most of you have never met the man, driven his boats, or raced against him, yet you pile on and bash him and his products. Would the sport be better with or without Fountain? I for one think it is better. I drive a Fountain and love it. Many of my friends own and drive Fountains and they all love them. I wanted one since I started in boating many years ago. I would buy another. That is the best testament to a great product. How boring would this sport be without him? Who would you have to bash?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered

Without a doubt, the sport is better because of Reggie. He has made many great accomplishments.

However that still does not change the fact that he went to a poker run with full race gear and a helicopter to film his boats blowing by all of the cats. It just didn't turn out the way he wanted.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You folks must be young to rmember.... ....in boats he designed himself and drove himself....
Actually I am not to young to remember (Oops), Reggies partner in the launch of Fountain in 1979 was Gary Gabrecht who was from Mercury Marine Racing. He was a large part of the initial sucess of the company and a major contributor to the design of the hulls. Almost everyone has forgotten this and you would almost think it never happened.

.... what you have accomplished is not enhanced by deminishing what others have..... Adio Zapata
That is a very accurate statement, it is also the main reason posts like this get started. Watch the CatKiller video and the CatKiller Returns video and then say the others accomplishments were not diminished by Fountain Advertising. Fountain's have always been one of my favorite performance boats, it's just the other stuff that makes me cringe.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayboat
Gino made me do this.
Well, not really. It was his idea, but it works... so why not?

16x20 prints available for fifty bucks.
Shoot me a pm if yer interested.

Dig it!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

All of the lasts post are true. HOWEVER... All of this was started by Reggie. Anyone with any knowledge of performance boats know cats are faster then V's. Knowing this, how could he start such campaign that Cat Killer is the fastest boat in the world? He claims his v bottom is faster then ALL cats. He produces and shows obviously edited videos. He created tons of controversy and pissed off most of the performance boat community with his arrogant yet ridiculous comments. Two years later he attempts the same marketing ploy, He show up at a pleasure event with all pleasure boats and brings his professional race team to run his full blown professional race boat against these pleasure boats to create another promotional video only to have it blow up in his face.
Plain and simple, he came to the event to make all of the cat guys look stupid!

I said it before, Reggie is a remarkable guy. He has done more with his line then anyone else, ever. His boat are beautiful. He is a marketing genius.

If he was to say he was the fastest v-bottom in the world and came to challenge Outerlimits, that would make sense. But making comments about be faster then all cats? What would you expect the reactions to be?

They say Choose your battles wisely. He obviously; made a bad choice.

I still think he's an incredible guy. Builds a beautiful boat. The speeds his boats reach is incredible. Years back everyone was trying to reach 90 mph. Guys were putting thousands of HP into boats to try to reach that speed. Raggies boats now do that with stock, small power. How ever would have imagined??

Quick Reply: Sarasota poker run "Cat Killer" Fountain, got spanked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.