Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed..... >

No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Notices

No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Old 10-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an Apache since the "crash."

I got a good price and I got a good rate and term from a bank the week that key left the marine lending business.

No need to panic.. but I wouldn't want to be in the position of having to sell a make and model that is the same on every corner.

Go buy a boat.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WMF
I sold my Apache 28 Brave unfinished and needing motors in this economy!!! I guess it all depends on what you have and what you owe on it. I am shopping now for a Cigarette, but I am in no rush to buy!!!!!!
Yeah... but that bastard never told me.

Kidding.

That bastard DID tell me.

Hi Bill!!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Look, we all try and buy our boat(s) "right" at the time we decide to buy...sometimes we do and sometimes we don't...nobody can predict the future...particularly wall street.

Let's face it though, for those of us who were hoping to trade up (or in)...we may just have to be "fulfilled" with what we have...and remember that at least we will be on the water enjoying what boating has to offer.

For those looking to buy a boat now without having to sell one first...things couldn't really be much better than this offseason.

The only really bad news is for those looking to sell to meet their financial obligations...simply because it is a buyer's market and nobody knows how long it will be that way...

While we all like to think our boats have a "percieved" value, most of us simply spend the money for the pleasure it brings us, our friends and or famalies...and you can't really put a price on that!

Good luck to all!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

And unitl something different happens...I am confidant the sun will rise tomorrow!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bootdaddy
And unitl something different happens...I am confidant the sun will rise tomorrow!!!

You could be right.

But Van Dam. That Ithaca College spelling.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered

I just don't see it. There are some very nicely priced boats out there but I still don't or haven't seen any real steal's.. Like said before there are so many people deep in and upside down that the prices posted are what they owe and can't sell for anything less, I am always looking.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I just don't see it. There are some very nicely priced boats out there but I still don't or haven't seen any real steal's.. Like said before there are so many people deep in and upside down that the prices posted are what they owe and can't sell for anything less, I am always looking.
Did you talk to them? Or look at the listed price and skip?

Economy, Season, Market, Times.......

buy a boat.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
Did you talk to them? Or look at the listed price and skip?

Economy, Season, Market, Times.......

buy a boat.
I am in no hurry. I would have had your 28 before you if the time was right so I will be watching to make sure you treat her right
Old 10-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Get Down
VIP Member

Please,Please Please, Don't panic Don't sell cheap the performance boat market must and can stay strong. Hang in there
Old 10-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Boats are no different than houses, cars, construction equipment, snowmobiles, and everything else. If you are looking to sell any of them today you better be ready to take a haircut. We all have to wait for values to come back on these items. It is just like all these people getting out of the stock market over these past days. Some of us got out with losses and some of us are going to ride it out and wait for better days. It will change, it just may take a year or a few.

Quick Reply: No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.