Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed..... >

No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Notices

No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Old 10-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I am in no hurry. I would have had your 28 before you if the time was right so I will be watching to make sure you treat her right
I promise that I will. Every boat I have ever owned was in much better condition leaving than when it arrived.

I sat out for 2 years looking. Finally decided that the soft market would hurt the mass produced brands, like Wellcraft, Formula, Sea Ray, Bayliner and Fountain the most. Had a good friend who wasn't able to sell a Formula 311 for cheap. And it was virtually "bristol."

Figured that a boat that was more rare would be better in these times, plus... it helped rationalize an apache purchase.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Registered

I know you will and I look forward to the progress
Old 10-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

I fully understand that if you own your boat right now then you will be better off holding it until everything straightens out, but how many people actually own their boats with no paper on them??????? With everything going south so fast in this country there is going to be a lot of repos. As far as boat dealers and builders, it will be like it is with cars, you will see dealerships yards dry up and eventually close and plants will cut WAY back on production and on only the strong will survive...........
Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY
but to me its worth more to keep then it is to try and replace. It's for sale, probably for too much, but unless I get what I want out of it, I don't need/want to sell it anyway.
That is exactly what the majority of the "market" is doing/thinking. The rest are drowning in long term loans that got passed by the depreciation a year ago.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Registered

Red face

Originally Posted by BLee
That is exactly what the majority of the "market" is doing/thinking. The rest are drowning in long term loans that got passed by the depreciation a year ago.
Thats what I think I am seeing. I feel sorry for them I really do, I know first hand what its like and its no fun. I hope things get better faster than everyone is saying for the sake of our sport.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bootdaddy
And unitl something different happens...I am confidant the sun will rise tomorrow!!!
"tomorrow is promised to no one" Wm Money.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

If you're a serious buyer just call people up and make an offer for what you want to spend... Once you've agreed in terms, then go look at the boat and go from there. If they say no, just walk away, don't get mad....

You'd be surprised how many sellers will call, email you back weeks later, agreeing to your original price... Just don't be a d-bag about it or get emotional (upset)!

And if you really like the boat you should be willing to pay a little more for it!

My $.02
Old 10-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How not to sell a boat:
http://www.thelocal.de/14813/20081010/
Old 10-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by el indio
"tomorrow is promised to no one" Wm Money.
I don't think that Bootdaddy was sure that HE would rise tomorrow.

Just the sun.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
not literally put them in crushers but your going to see alot of derelict boats around when even the banks are having a hard time getting rid of them at 20 cents on the dollar for what people are asking on the market........

Please find me a boat thats worth 200k that I can buy for 40k Preferably a 37 AT, 38 TS Gun, Outerlimits, or Nortech

Quick Reply: No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.