Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/196960-no-bs-values-boats-they-arent-even-toilet-theyve-been-flushed.html)

fund razor 10-10-2008 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2712221)
Please find me a boat thats worth 200k that I can buy for 40k:rolleyes::rolleyes: Preferably a 37 AT, 38 TS Gun, Outerlimits, or Nortech

This was my rationale in buying a less mass-produced brand.

I think that the people seeing pennies on the dollar will be boats that the manufacturers flooded the market with, either with big production numbers, infinity financing, or both.
IMO...
A guy who paid 200k cash for an OL does not need to worry.

A guy who financed an executioner until 2025 might have a problem.

baddogz28 10-10-2008 01:15 PM

Vanilla Ice owned a custom Pantera 28.

That's the only selling point I need to keep the resale on my boat strong. :D

fund razor 10-10-2008 04:37 PM

Bum bum bum... bumbumbumbum.

Illin noy Ice, Ice Baby. :D

I am hoping that somebody cool owns a 28 Apache... so far I found one newbie, and one eccentric older gentleman.
Sunkin owned once once.... that's way better than Rob Van Winkle.

302Sport 10-10-2008 05:32 PM

griff- im not saying right now the average guy can go out and do that. I am in the aviation business and I know investors with big wallets that are putting together packages for the banks, and buying alot of deadwood that the banks want to get off of their books. The same thing has to be going on with boats. Now lets just say that they dont get greedy and want to flip those boats quick with a 10% profit, theyre still in at %30 of what was the market value. What do you think is going to happen to the market?

Griff 10-10-2008 09:40 PM

The only thing you are going to find for under 50% of value is going to need another 40% thrown at it to make it nice.

BOBCATMATHEWS 10-10-2008 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor (Post 2712453)

Illin noy Ice, Ice Baby. :D

I am hoping that somebody cool owns a 28 Apache... so far I found one newbie, and one eccentric older gentleman.
Sunkin owned once once.... that's way better than Rob Van Winkle.

sadly I own the rights to the vanilla ice song(not to be confused with the song that david bowie and queen stole from him) so i think we are just about even mister! :drink:

h2owarrior 10-10-2008 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by 302Sport (Post 2712500)
griff- im not saying right now the average guy can go out and do that. I am in the aviation business and I know investors with big wallets that are putting together packages for the banks, and buying alot of deadwood that the banks want to get off of their books. The same thing has to be going on with boats. Now lets just say that they dont get greedy and want to flip those boats quick with a 10% profit, theyre still in at %30 of what was the market value. What do you think is going to happen to the market?

Cash is KING:evilb: You're leveraged it could be bad news. If you have cash, the next few years could be very profitable and in some instances fun...............depending on what the GOV. does. They could screw the pooch for all of us:mad:

Jigsaw89 10-11-2008 12:20 AM

BINGO! You hit the nail on the head. There are many people as well as businesses that thrive in a down economy.

If I was selling a boat and needed it gone, what are your options? Take a paper loss because you owned the boat outright and sold it for less than you had into it? Lesson #1 boats lose $,$$$,$$$,lots of it. If you have to rationalize it, why not try to put a price on all the memories you gained through boating and boat ownership. It's sappy and you get the point. Your other options include selling your bank encumbered boat at a loss and making good on the depreciation OR the bank issues a repo and the derogatory credit follows suit. People with good credit and some 'play' money will always fair better in the long run. One choice to make - keep pluggin' along or adapt.

Originally Posted by h2owarrior (Post 2712727)
Cash is KING:evilb: You're leveraged it could be bad news. If you have cash, the next few years could be very profitable and in some instances fun...............

cosmic12 10-11-2008 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2712673)
The only thing you are going to find for under 50% of value is going to need another 40% thrown at it to make it nice.

Exactly:ernaehrung004: Or some over produced over priced POS to start with that it will need way more than 40k:eek: