Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed..... >

No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Notices

No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Old 10-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I listed my Nova ST in speed wake and didn't even get a call. I took the price out after a mo and put best offer and still no calls. It's a clean piece too. Don't have to sell it either but not a call. I was shocked, the Nova is not a lot of money for what it offers. It is a great first boat.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

your Boat Is worth What its worth to you .. What I mean is if you want off the boat it will sell for what your willing to give it away for. I for one have a boat for sale and am not going to give it away because some Idiots on Wall st could not handle there jobs without getting greedy .. I Think what I own my boat for is still a lot of bang for the buck the cost of building them shure as S--t has not come down so the prices shouldnt be afected over the long haul
Old 10-09-2008, 03:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My boats today are worth exactly what they were a week, month or year ago. I'm not in any need to sell them.

As far as you having a "better grip on reality..." I'd imagine since you're looking to buy, your reality is skewed a bit. If someone says no to your offer, then move on to the next. The next guy may say yes and he may say no. Not everyone HAS to sell the boat they may be looking to move and the really nice one's will hold their value because there's always someone with a few bucks willing to pay for the better pieces.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK from a dealer stand point.

Boats are selling, but the big $$ stuff those guys own them and don't really care.

Anything over 15 years old, right now basically forget it, anything with mechanical issues forget it, you will have to take a hit.

The great, super steals, are basically gone maybe a few popping up here and there. Most people who could weather til now can wait it out.

New boats, well supply is evening out with demand, a few MFG exceptions, that just way over built.

If anything I can tell you new boats have gone up in price, again some exceptions.

Now with good news, GAS IS DROPPING, so enjoy what you got and get out there.

WILL
Attached Thumbnails No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....-100_1980.jpg  
Old 10-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 285 Likes on 137 Posts

i see a lot of boat companies folding, and a lot of older boats going to visit the crusher in the near future.....if boat companies keep building boats it gets to a point where there are too many boats out there and not enough money around the country to support them. Then it is to the point where some boats are literally worth ZERO.

Last edited by 302Sport; 10-09-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just buy a boat
Old 10-09-2008, 04:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
i see a lot of boat companies folding, and a lot of older boats going to visit the crusher in the near future.....
What the f... are you talking about? Lots of boat companies folding? And why would people take boats they own and stick them in crushers?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered
Gold Member

hey steve you know im not buying a boat until it gets worse, this is just the beginning, and then when obama gets in forget it. heres something to read tonight http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...isis-to-Deepen
Old 10-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Registered
Gold Member

not literally put them in crushers but your going to see alot of derelict boats around when even the banks are having a hard time getting rid of them at 20 cents on the dollar for what people are asking on the market........
Old 10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

I sold my Apache 28 Brave unfinished and needing motors in this economy!!! I guess it all depends on what you have and what you owe on it. I am shopping now for a Cigarette, but I am in no rush to buy!!!!!!

Quick Reply: No BS values on boats????? They arent even in the toilet theyve been flushed.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.