If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Team Dysfunctional Charter Member Hot Boat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    28 Scarab, Blown 850+ Hp
    PUTNAM VALLEY, Hudson River Valley

Question price for storage

I have a guy that will let me keep my boat on his property. It has great access , easy in and out parking and out of sight for anyone. He said the that I can come and get it as I please. It all sounds great but he don't know what to charge me. I want to be fair with him but I don't know what the going rate for out door storage is. What do you think I should pay for this????????

My Boats:
    38 Cigarette flat-deck
    Holland MI
    Here in west MI. a lot of the self-store or store-and-lock places rent outside spots to boaters and motorhome owners. You might call some of these places to get a rough idea what they charge and go from there.

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    $45/month at our storage lot in Northern Virginia; inside a locked fence, barbed wire, and family living on premise as security.

Your description is exactly the arrangement i have now with an elderly couple who stores RV's on their property in city limits. I lucked out and am paying $25/month. I feel it is a pretty decent deal. Good luck!

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    I think we pay something like $350 an year for covered storage. That's really, really cheap for this area though.

Cain Crew
    around 12 dollars a ft for the season (summer or winter) is outside storage at my marina

My Boats:
    1986 Wellcraft KAAMA Excalibur Cat 30
    Hotboat....I'm paying $65/month for a 12x42 covered area. They get $55 for the 35' long ones, and take one month off if you pay 1full year in advance. Overall it seems near me the average is $50 for top covered. (not totally enclosed).

My Boats:
    54' Searay cockpit motoryacht 36' Concept with t/250s and a 34'Rinker cruiser
    Albany NY
    Whats wrong with your place Paul ?? cant be 1/2 mile from FARTHEST launch in town

If you insisit on paying you can keep it at my house about 9' from the launch and ill only charge ya $500.00 a month lol

Or are you talking about keeping it down state ?