Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which model Mercedes did Don own in 87? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197076-model-mercedes-did-don-own-87-a.html)

dreamer 10-11-2008 11:52 PM

Randy lanier was the trigger guy right?

Rip

BLee 10-12-2008 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by fund razor (Post 2713083)
Same make/model/color/style.

Mine is an 89, last year of that look.

He had an 86 or an 87.
From what I gather, that was the car he was driving on the tragic day. Rather not get into details out of great respect for him, and his son.

But as someone who respects his memory, and his legacy... I think that it's kind of cool that I have such a similar ride. I have the hard top too.

Here is the car, for reference.

Since we have spoken so much of him, I feel that a "Rest in Peace" is in order.

Thanks for the impact that you had on all of our lives, even though most of us never new you, Don.

Oh, I don't think anyone is taking offense to this....or anyone worth noting at least.

Sweet ride man. One of my parents' friends, who coincidentally were neighbors for awhile, had a black one up until about 3 years ago......since new. Removable hardtop, and all garage kept original. I remember the day they got it as a "joint" anniversary gift.

Unfortunately, it's true though... Lately everyone feels like they have to cover their asses with 2 extra paraghaphs explaining what a common ape could grasp using crayons around here. :rolleyes:

I hate that.

Hopefully everyone see's our latest posts about lightening up......just as long as the SITE can stay stable long enough.....!!!! :throw:

mikefili 10-12-2008 07:31 AM

Steve Berk, who most people know on the board as "Lucky Strike", owns "Mercedes Showroom" in south Florida he specializes in that generation of Mercedes SL cars,
almost always the larger motor 560 SL series, always interisting to see what he has in stock whenever I stop in to visit , I don't think that anyone in the specialized car business has such a depth knowledge of those classic roadsters. One day not too long ago he picked me up in just that same White SL 560, I think it has something like only 40,000 orig, miles on it, appeared to be a new old car.

fund razor 10-12-2008 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2713197)
Oh, I don't think anyone is taking offense to this....or anyone worth noting at least.

Sweet ride man. One of my parents' friends, who coincidentally were neighbors for awhile, had a black one up until about 3 years ago......since new. Removable hardtop, and all garage kept original. I remember the day they got it as a "joint" anniversary gift.

Unfortunately, it's true though... Lately everyone feels like they have to cover their asses with 2 extra paraghaphs explaining what a common ape could grasp using crayons around here. :rolleyes:

I hate that.

Hopefully everyone see's our latest posts about lightening up......just as long as the SITE can stay stable long enough.....!!!! :throw:

Oh.... I wasn't trying to cover my ass.
I just have a ton of respect, and didn't want to get into the gory parts, didn't need to. These guys knew what I wanted to know.
Thanks for the compliment on the car. I bought it from a friend when he stepped into a 500 sl. It has always been garaged, never wintered. Coolest car for the money that I ever had. :D

And it just got cooler, to me.