Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Prayer needed for racers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197115-prayer-needed-racers.html)

Ms PatriYacht 10-13-2008 09:15 PM

so very sad, my heart goes out to everyone especially his wife and family. I pray the search team will be safe and find him.

Karaokemike 10-13-2008 09:19 PM

My response to this article.......please write the editor even if just a few words because we dont need this for our sport.

[email protected]

To whom it may concern.......

The article that I have found on the internet about the boating accident that invloved two very good friends of mine was total crap. I have read many articles dealing with boats, good or bad, I have to say that what you wrote was the most misleading and poorly written story I have ever seen. I would ask that you get the facts straight before you say things like "Cigarette boats can cost upwards of $200,000 while charts are about $25. Most pricey vessels have computerized GPS navigational aids which the captain can use to guide their way without hitting sandbars." without any clue what you are talking about. I speak oh behalf on the familes when I say that I am insulted by what you wrote and hope that I never have to see that piece of trash you call a newspaper again. These to gentleman that you so poorly spoke about were two of the best boat drivers I have had the chance to know and this is what you call an accident not stupidty. My most favorite part of your website was the DWI section.....I see that all you care about is exploiting people for mistakes that they make not the good people can do. That is not news to me or many other people but again just misleading dribble that you have not a clue about..........good day.........

WARPARTY36 10-13-2008 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2714685)
That has got to be the most asinine, tasteless and thoughtless article i have ever seen. unbelievable

I agree:mad:

scottc 10-13-2008 09:27 PM

I would like to ask that only positive words be put here. I agree that the artical is in very poor taste but, it is taking the attention and purpous of this thread to an other direction.

And please let the paper know how you really feel about their staff writing.

THEJOKER 10-13-2008 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Karaokemike (Post 2714756)
My response to this article.......please write the editor even if just a few words because we dont need this for our sport.

[email protected]

To whom it may concern.......

The article that I have found on the internet about the boating accident that invloved two very good friends of mine was total crap. I have read many articles dealing with boats, good or bad, I have to say that what you wrote was the most misleading and poorly written story I have ever seen. I would ask that you get the facts straight before you say things like "Cigarette boats can cost upwards of $200,000 while charts are about $25. Most pricey vessels have computerized GPS navigational aids which the captain can use to guide their way without hitting sandbars." without any clue what you are talking about. I speak oh behalf on the familes when I say that I am insulted by what you wrote and hope that I never have to see that piece of trash you call a newspaper again. These to gentleman that you so poorly spoke about were two of the best boat drivers I have had the chance to know and this is what you call an accident not stupidty. My most favorite part of your website was the DWI section.....I see that all you care about is exploiting people for mistakes that they make not the good people can do. That is not news to me or many other people but again just misleading dribble that you have not a clue about..........good day.........

That article was a bunch of tasteless dribble. I say e-mail bombardment!

WMF 10-13-2008 09:36 PM

This artical just adds insult to injury, it is takin focus off this thread and what it is about our Friends. I wiss my good friend Bobby a speedy recovery!!!!!!!, and I wish the Reiter Family my prayers and whatever help I can offer. Thank you Rob Freeman for all you are doing for Bobby and the Reiter Family

fountain1fan 10-13-2008 09:37 PM

oh **** all are in our prayers .

Wideopen30 10-13-2008 09:37 PM

A very sad event, which reminds us of the risk we take for are passion for speed. Prayers with everbody.
Lord, I pray as I race today,
Keep me safe along the way.
Not only me, but the others too,
As they perform the jobs they do.

I know God, that in every race,
I, the driver must set the pace.
Let not my desire for more speed,
Warp my judgement and turn
into greed.

From green to checkered, guide me
through.

Giving me strength to know what
to do.
Remind me often in the race of life,
How to cope with all the strife.

Help me accept the wins I may
receive,
And all the defeats, most graciously.
Ride with me, don't allow me to lag,
Guide me all the way to the
checkered flag.

30ctsutphen 10-13-2008 09:39 PM

I just wanted the family to know that these guys will be in my prayers.