Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Prayer needed for racers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197115-prayer-needed-racers.html)

Ted G 10-15-2008 08:50 AM

The CBPBA and the OPA have set up a fund to help out Bobby and Pat's family. The fund will be administered by three trustees- Ed "Smitty" Smith - President OPA, Andy Livermore - President CBPBA, and Jim Voege - Treasurer CBPBA. All funds will be directly passed through to Bobby and Pat's family to help them through this trying time. Many people have expressed a desire to help so this is a great way to do it. We are accepting credit cards through http://www.paypal.com . Go to the link and click on "Send Money" then folow the instructions to send money to [email protected] . In the comments section please put "Bobby and Pat Fund" . If you would like to send a check please make it out to CBPBA and in the memo section put "Bobby and Pat Fund". Send it to:

CBPBA
PO Box 1722
Pasadena, MD 21123

Thanks for your support in advance.

AB From Windsor 10-15-2008 10:25 AM

I just sent in my check in today to the "Bobby B Fund" setup by Rob Freeman of Proform Protective Films.

Ted G 10-15-2008 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor (Post 2716130)
I just sent in my check in today to the "Bobby B Fund" setup by Rob Freeman of Proform Protective Films.

Rob was holding off on that so we could set this up. I suspect he'll just mail it through, we'll get it handled. Thanks for your donattion, as you can expect Pat's family and Bobby will both have a hard time over this and every little bit we can do helps.

offshoredrillin 10-15-2008 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by insptech (Post 2716136)
Rob was holding off on that so we could set this up. I suspect he'll just mail it through, we'll get it handled. Thanks for your donattion, as you can expect Pat's family and Bobby will both have a hard time over this and every little bit we can do helps.

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor (Post 2716130)

that is correct, we will work in conjunction, I have it set up as 2 diffrent accounts as people can direct where they want thier contributions to go. either way, both families will benefit greatly from everyones generosity.
accounts were cleared through my bank as non taxable so it is a wash through...

One account is the BobbyB fund
the other is Reiter Family fund.

866-776-3682...Rob

Reindl Powerboats 10-15-2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by 45sonic (Post 2716036)
Here is the link to the Channel 5 news stories Joe mentions....the links to the two videos of the 5 and 6 o'clock news stories are under the picture of Pat.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/H...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

We are still praying...

Patti and Bill

Still praying, finally some responsible reporting and not headline grabbers.

45sonic 10-15-2008 12:28 PM

Nice article on Pat from his home town paper

http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-...id=BI1RE6EFG1F

scandelous 10-15-2008 08:21 PM

Update:
As some of may have heard, the side band scaner and the dive team were scheduled to be on seen at 8:00 am, They did not show claiming that the DNR was unable to locate a side scan. They then were rescheduled to be on seen between 1:00 and 2:00 this afternoon, the team did not show up at that point either claiming the divers were volunteers and had full time jobs but are schedule to coordinate the efforts by 4:00 this evening. You guessed it, no show. At 4:30, I was able to get intouch with the investigator in charge towhich he contacted the comander of the DNR. After a "conversation" with him, he assurd me that a full compliment of divers and a side band sonar will be dispatched on sceen by 8:00 am Thursaday morning. I will be onsceen in the morning to be certain that this commitment is being met. I will not stand by and do nothing, while our brother is missing. There were today, 3 DNR boats and 15 to 20 friends and citizen boats on patrol from 6:30 this morning until dark. I have spoken with Bobby, he is very sore and still in the critical care unit. The doctors have performed a CT scan on Bobby, this in an effort to locate his possible internal bleeding. As of 9:00 this evening. Bobby is being rushed into surgery as I am writing this, fearing that Bobby's kidney is severed in two. Debbie, Dustin and Coddy, the best way I can put this is, is that they are numb. I have also contact the investigating officer and the Calvery County District Attorney's Office, in an effort to reclaim Bobby's boat. The hope is, that they should give me an answer on the boat by Friday of Saturday. I am trying to get an oppertunity to "pickle" the engines, and salvage the power and drive train. I keep my fingers crossed on a successfull dive in the morning. I want to take this time once again to thank everyone for their support for the familys. I have also read the threads concerning the fund raisers for both Bobby and Pat's family. The brotherhood of the OPA and CBPBA is one that can't be broken. The outpouring of emails and phone calls is phenomenal. I speak for myself and the family's, when I say, I am very proud to be associated with such an incredible, carring and tight knit extended family. Thank you again for your support. I will be back to everyone tomorrow afternoon, with an update. Joe Peary 301-904-9993.

WMF 10-15-2008 09:50 PM

Thank you for keeping us updated. Bobby get better buddy, my Familey is praying for you and Pats Family!!!!!!!!

LubeJobs42 10-15-2008 10:01 PM

Thank you for the update. Not a minute goes by where all of you are not on my mind.

Karaokemike 10-16-2008 12:36 AM

i am going to the hospital in the morning and will have an update on Bobby........