If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VIP Member VIP Member offshoredrillin's Avatar
    My Boats:
    00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
    here is my response to him;

In reading your report on the boat accident on Sunday, then your response to
    readers is utterly appalling. Whereas you state you are reporting the facts, you
    seem to have forgotten the rules of journalism where you inject your opinion as
    fact. The headline itself claims the individuals had no brains, quite frankly,
    all of the individuals on board are business men in St Marys county, quite
    possibly advertisers in your want to be newspaper.
    Secondly, you again inject your uneducated boating opinion that hitting the
    sandbar is the equivalent of hitting a barn, you further inject what potentially
    could happen IF alcohol was involved, wholly not knowing but putting that into
    the article to make a bad situation seem so much worse. It's called
    sensationalism, please tell me what journalism class you learned this in? You
    then try to justify it with your quote of not knowing if alcohol was involved or
    just stupidity, millions of people are involved in accidents daily,
    unfortunately some of them are fatal.
    Are you really of the makeup that think these men purposely set out to be injured and
    presumed dead? You reported the facts along with your own opinions, which lead
    me to believe that you have a personal agenda against boaters, I can assure you
    as a sponsor of the boat in the accident, it was doing nowhere near its
    potential speed, are you of the same opinion of the people that enjoy exotic
    cars or the muscle cars from the past, surely the companies that make/made these
    cars aren't stupid (your terminology) as these manufacturers are global
    companies that have in part helped forge America The same America that gives you
    the ability of free speech to post senseless diatribe. The same as the first
    line in a Doctors code is "First do no harm"...real journalists will state the
    facts and report news, not embellish it with speculation and opinion. I find
    your style of reporting and your subsequent responses to your readers childish
    and irresponsible. You even went as far as to insinuate
    the place where they were supposedly drinking!!! please show me what report that was in?
    Whereas newspapers and now web blogs were the cornerstone of community, I
    challenge you to do some good for the families of the injured and missing. I
    along with my fellow boaters have established a fund for the medical bills and
    the family of the missing man. You see, we boaters try to help our brethren and
    friends in time of need, not trying to capitalize off of sensationalism.

donations can be sent to;
    Proform Protective Films Inc
    BobbyB fund or Reiter Family fund
    3220-D Corporate Ct.
    Ellicott City MD. 21042

Visa and MC accepted

In conclusion Mr. Editor, no one has a problem with facts, just stick to them. I
    would also extend to you a chance to ride in one of our boats, please allow us
    to educate you on what it takes to operate safely and avoid a tragedy. Surely
    you have no reason to refuse education?

Rob Freeman
    Proform Protective Films Inc.

Platinum Member Platinum Member PARADOX's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Formula 272 Sold, 26 Infinity, 4 sale, 08-33' Avanti 4SALE
    Good one Rob.

Gold Member Gold Member Shore Thing's Avatar
    My Boats:
    21' Paramount
    Hollywood, MD
    guys please. You are only feeding this guy. It is not an open forum, he runs a closed medium where he has control of what gets posted and what he replys with. he lives and feeds off of upset people writing him emails and then posting them to his site.

Do yourselves a favor and ignore him. it will only anger you more by replying and then seeing your article chopped and taken out of context with no ability to defend.

....and st. mary's county isn't all bad.... i moved here from annapolis when i was 22, and i don't think i'll ever live somewhere else.

VIP Member VIP Member BraceYourself's Avatar
    Just called and left a message stating my name phone number and how the article is very wrong.

Diamond Member #001 Charter Member C_Spray's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
    Coastal North Carolina
    Just don't let your reponses sink to his level. Take a minute and browse through some of the other "articles". The publication exists only to be sensational, not to be news...
    Last edited by C_Spray; 10-14-2008 at 08:12 AM.
    Retired! Boating full-time now.

Charter Member Charter Member Ted G's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Marlago 35 FS, 18 Neptune CC
    Edgerock Baby!!
    Sorry Shore, no offense, I did paint with too broad a brush, I just got fired up over that douche. This is not the time for that crap.
    Chesapeake Bay Powerboat Association

Charter Member # 545 Gold Member Beak Boater's Avatar
    Port Tobacco MD/Cape Coral Fl
    2,151 is the owner/editor of St. Maries Today, google him and you find some equally sickening inaccurate reporting.

Gold Member Gold Member Shore Thing's Avatar
    My Boats:
    21' Paramount
    Hollywood, MD
    don't worry, i didn't take offense. I'm the first to criticize some of the southern md short comings (ie the local imbred good ole boys). but the good outweighs the bad. It reminds me of how annapolis was 20 years ago.

I've been down this path with this guy before, and i'm really just trying to save you all the anger and grief that goes along with bickering with this troll. You really can't win with him. If he doesn't see something he can pick at in your email, he won't post it. It's a lose lose situation.

By the way, he is Ken Rossignol from St. Mary's county Maryland. Just sayin....

Gold Member Gold Member Karaokemike's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Edgewater, MD
    Easy on the St Marys cracks man..........
    Solomons Offshore Grand Prix
    Sept. 13-14, 2014

My Boats:
    1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
    Iowa - Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post
    Second, the weather was perfect yesterday without stormy weather or winds present to generate a "wave" big enough to cause trouble for a boat. Your excuse is a crock which won't hold water and only serves to misinform your friends and cause other unknowing people to ride in boats with inexperienced and dangerous skippers. Speed and operator error will inevitably be cited as the cause of this crash. We report to our readers on what is taking place in the world around them, your choice is to read what you wish. It is in poor taste to create lies to try to cover up for friends.)
    Guess who is the dumbass now?

Sgt. Ken Turner of the Maryland Natural Resources Police told ST. MARY'S TODAY that while his agency is investigating the crash of a speedboat on the Patuxent at Point Patience on Sunday and has not concluded the investigation, he is able to say that the boat did not hit a sandbar at the point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast