If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    Continental,United States
    I added 285's to my 2500 Hd with Allison trans and the 8.1 and checked mine with a GPS, my speed was off 5 mph at 70, I was really going about 75. With stock tires(245's) I found that mine was off the other way, not going as fast as it said I was foing, I GPS'd mine both ways. Shifting has never been an issue, as well mine has been to the shop twice for service, no problem, it needed a cam sensor. i love my Chevy except the gas mileage, I would buy the diesel if I had it to do all over again. I have friends with the diesel, they claim 20 mpg highway, and awesome power.

My Boats:
    1989 Cigarette Bullet
    Siloam Springs, Ar.

Got some numbers today on the Superlift for the HD Crew Cab.

My cost on the 6" Superlift w/ front drive line is $1,885.00. Keep in mind that I am not factory direct. I buy through a warehouse at a small dicsount off jobber pricing. I'm quite sure my cost is about what you could buy it for out of a magazine. Bastards!

Anyway, hopefully that will give you some idea of what to expect to pay to have it done. I generally charge $600 labor just to put an IFS lift on.

I need to check w/ my buddy at the Chevy dealer about the speedo calibration.

Good luck!

lake st.clair, MI
    thanks for the info. They want $2600 for the kit and $600 labor. looks like a little mark up to me. Also the way i understand you dont need the extra driveshaft( $600) unless you have the auto trac 4x4 system. Thats the one with the all wheel drive setting. Theres another shop that i'll check into and compare pricing. The guy at the first shop has the diesel allison with a 6" kit and 33's. he let me take it out for a spin. (awesome) didn't seem to have any shifting issues and he claims he had it in for warrenty work and never had a problem. He also has the bull dog chip and dual exhaust. It almost sounds like a gasser when you get on it. I'm just waiting for my insurance to cut me a check and i'm going to get one. I'll keep you posted and post some before and after pics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123