Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Accident at Hot Toddy Run. -Mechanical Failure- (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197462-accident-hot-toddy-run-mechanical-failure.html)

raytart 10-18-2008 07:54 PM

My condolences to the family

I knew this was very bad when I approached the accident site. Thank God Louie and crew were there to get the men out of the water. Unfortunatly things didn't turn out as we were all praying for.

Once again my sympathy to all involved.

Ray

divenstar 10-18-2008 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42 (Post 2719219)
not again :(:(

Pretty soon...

Won't be anyone left to run...

Our prayers to the families...

Divenstar :eek::eek::(

batboat 10-18-2008 08:13 PM

my prayers go to the familys.

AB From Windsor 10-18-2008 08:21 PM

I can't believe this, again. Prayer's for the injured boaters.

GoFastSonic 10-18-2008 08:43 PM

Unreal, Please someone upstairs give us a break. This is becoming way to familiar of a post on this site. God speed

pachanga 10-18-2008 08:56 PM

I feel so sorry for the family and all those close. I didn't know those envolved, but still feel the heartlose.

I know this is not the time or place but finally, after all these tragic events want to voice my feelings.

I still to this day don't know how I survived my crazy teenage days hotrodding cars. Now it is becoming apparent. There were less than 1/2 as many cars on the same roads as there are today.

I know from experience there are always unseen conditions on the lakes around where I live(SE). Cruising along without a problem and here comes a roller outta the blue.

Certainly a mechanical failure hurts your chances...but if your not in a washing machine the chances are slim.

Most of you guys boat on the weekend. I don't boat on the weekends because it is a logistical nightmare in my opinion down here if ya wanna run. Luckily my work schedule is weekends on and middle of the week off. I honestly can say if the only tme I could run my boat was on the weekend I wouldn't own one. :(

The few weekends I do boat on I just see total mayhem. It's a logistical nightmare unless ya wanna stay in the air or putz along in a pontoon. Rookies who don't know the rules,jetskiers looking for a thrill,big cruisers throwing wakes that go forever,The go fast guys that have no respect,etc.,etc..

The world has become too crowded,so much for the good ole days. :(

LubeJobs42 10-18-2008 08:57 PM

Vary sad. My prayers go out to the families. This is just horrible.

wot 10-18-2008 09:00 PM

tragic; rip

45sonic 10-18-2008 09:07 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with all involved. We are still dealing with the pain from last weeks incident only to have another one follow it. While we don't personally know those involved we do wish to extend our deepest sympathy to the families involved.

Ratickle 10-18-2008 10:15 PM

Tired of hearing of these, prayers to all.