Notices

High Lift marina fire??

Old 10-20-2008, 08:39 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Lift marina fire??

just heard on the local news that High Lift went up again last night?? took 12 units on a 2 alarm code to control it... sounds pretty bad

man, that's plain bad luck, that's like 3 times in a year...

http://www.local10.com/news/17758359/detail.html

Last edited by BUIZILLA; 10-20-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I bet the insuance co. loves them!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Registered

What luck...

When it rains...

It pours...

Divenstar
Old 10-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default It is under control

Thanks to everyone that has called me to make sure everything was OK and to offer their help. I am happy to report that the fire last night was immediately contained to one vessel due to the sprinkler system in the storage barn. The vessel that caught fire was not maintained by us. All the safety mechanisms in place worked as they were intended to and allowed the fire department to do its thing. There was just a lot of water to clean up and that's about it other than smoke debris that will be cleaned up as the marina inspects all the boats stored there. The fire department determined the origin and cause of the fire and the marina and Premier Performance Marine were cleared of any contribution to the fire.

Frank Areces
Premier Performance Marine
Old 10-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Registered

http://www.nbc6.net/news/17758169/de...=headlineclick Lots of fires there this year....
Old 10-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When that place went up in the late 80's, it took 212 boats. When the fire burned out, the tallest things in that building were crankshafts on the floor. It melted EVERYTHING. 10-12000 gallons of gasoline.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Registered

My Buddy got a call last night from Hi-Lifts alarm company to respond to the fire. Only problem is, he hasn't worked there in over nine months.

I bet the City of Aventura is not too happy with the frequency of fires at that marina. Its a tight area, and a small neighborhood.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
Thanks to everyone that has called me to make sure everything was OK and to offer their help. I am happy to report that the fire last night was immediately contained to one vessel due to the sprinkler system in the storage barn. The vessel that caught fire was not maintained by us. All the safety mechanisms in place worked as they were intended to and allowed the fire department to do its thing. There was just a lot of water to clean up and that's about it other than smoke debris that will be cleaned up as the marina inspects all the boats stored there. The fire department determined the origin and cause of the fire and the marina and Premier Performance Marine were cleared of any contribution to the fire.

Frank Areces
Premier Performance Marine
What was the origin and cause of the fire?
Old 10-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by clambake
What was the origin and cause of the fire?
Any Response ?

Quick Reply: High Lift marina fire??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.