Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   More bad news for Brunswick (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197620-more-bad-news-brunswick.html)

StraightJacket 10-23-2008 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by divenstar (Post 2723573)
I don't believe that...

What's the name of the paper, article, author & date??? ...

BTW...what's colored mean...???

Divenstar :rolleyes:

It was the Sun Times a few days ago , I'll see if it's still on the lunch table at work.

Raylar 10-23-2008 11:43 PM

Ouch!!

If some of you boaters really want to continue your furthur education. Get the book by Kevin Phillip- "Bad Money" . Its not to long a read and I think you will really start to understand how we got in this "MESS" and whats really behind this financial chaos that's tormenting everybody.

I honestly believe that the problems we are currently facing in the US are to big and to complex for any President to solve or correct.
It will take a lot of very patriotic, smart and dynamic thinking and actions on the part of a lot of very talented and successful financial experts to stop the "bleeding", cure the "infection" and get the patient back off of life support!

In the mean time, get in a boat, blast around to get rid of your frustrations and realize that as a nation we need to get our "Lip" bloodied once in a while to learn how to "Duck" when that punch is on the way!
Remember also we are the largest and most productive nation on the face of the earth by a "LOT", we'll get through this and we will be a lot better off when we all educate ourselves better, vote more responsibly for "Public Servants" and not "Politicians" (actually a new four letter word!) and stop crying and whining and get our sorry asses back to work and its resulting properity!
PS- Don't sleep tight tonight, the politicians and big money powerbrokers are still awake tonight! Trust me, they are not your real friends!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

emilsr 10-24-2008 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Raylar (Post 2723702)
If some of you boaters really want to continue your furthur education. Get the book by Kevin Phillip- "Bad Money" . Its not to long a read and I think you will really start to understand how we got in this "MESS" and whats really behind this financial chaos that's tormenting everybody.

I honestly believe that the problems we are currently facing in the US are to big and to complex for any President to solve or correct.
It will take a lot of very patriotic, smart and dynamic thinking and actions on the part of a lot of very talented and successful financial experts to stop the "bleeding", cure the "infection" and get the patient back off of life support!

In the mean time, get in a boat, blast around to get rid of your frustrations and realize that as a nation we need to get our "Lip" bloodied once in a while to learn how to "Duck" when that punch is on the way!
Remember also we are the largest and most productive nation on the face of the earth by a "LOT", we'll get through this and we will be a lot better off when we all educate ourselves better, vote more responsibly for "Public Servants" and not "Politicians" (actually a new four letter word!) and stop crying and whining and get our sorry asses back to work and its resulting properity!
PS- Don't sleep tight tonight, the politicians and big money powerbrokers are still awake tonight! Trust me, they are not your real friends!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

That post makes more sense than all the other "political posts" on here put together. :ernaehrung004:

BAJA WILL 10-24-2008 10:57 AM

I just got off the phone with BAC, finacial division of Brunswick. You have no idea how bad they are right now, the stock price is so sugar coated. I expect Brunswick to fold in 6 months. Way too much overhead, no income. We are trying to close our account with BAC (we have 0 balance), they cannot even release the money in escrow used to secure our credit line.

Really finkin uped

fountainracing65 10-24-2008 11:12 AM

That sucks!! I just picked up 5000 shares at 3.50. guess we will see. Pretty sad to see a company that has been in buisness for over 150 years fold.

divenstar 10-24-2008 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Raylar (Post 2723702)

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Great post...

And for additional insight among the less well read,

Check out this podcast on thisamericanlife.org

http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=355

Very simple and easy to understand...

Clearly, the financial crisis started at the very top (Wall St. , The International Money Pool, Fixed Income Securities, etc... ) and trickled down to the masses...with smoke & blue mirrors...

Many are pointing the finger in the wrong direction...

You will soon have a greater appreciation for goverment financial oversight and fiduciary responsibility...

I'm with Raylar...it's coming...Gotta "buck up and shut up"...

The punches will be coming harder and faster...

But, will you be ready?????

Divenstar :eek: :eek: :eek:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Captain, cut your engines and prepare to be boarded"

2112 10-24-2008 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by divenstar (Post 2721958)
I'm from Detroit...

The storm clouds have been here for some time...

Problem is, the current administration has been pissing on our heads...

But telling us it's raining...

Can you spell D-E-P-R-E-S-S-I-O-N????

Divenstar:mad::mad::mad:

Exactly which politician is responsible for most Americans preferring to buy imports? Your saying it has nothing to do with the product?

2112 10-24-2008 11:27 AM

More sales.

I have a recovery plan for brunwick;

Start selling NXTs as a stand alone drive/transom package:rolleyes:

yesrej 10-24-2008 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL (Post 2723937)
I just got off the phone with BAC, finacial division of Brunswick. You have no idea how bad they are right now, the stock price is so sugar coated. I expect Brunswick to fold in 6 months. Way too much overhead, no income. We are trying to close our account with BAC (we have 0 balance), they cannot even release the money in escrow used to secure our credit line.

Really finkin uped

brunswick has its problems as we all know but i wouldnt say they will fold in 6 months.

BAJA WILL 10-24-2008 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by yesrej (Post 2723983)
brunswick has its problems as we all know but i wouldnt say they will fold in 6 months.

I guess I should revise, many of their divisions will continue to fold in the next 6 months. LIKE THEIR FINICIAL DIVISION:mad: