Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Key West cancellations? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197626-key-west-cancellations.html)

Cash Bar 10-21-2008 01:42 PM

Key West cancellations?

I just spoke to a an agent in KW and she told me it seems to be sold out for the PR/Races.

She did say that it was the same two weeks before Fantasy Fest and they have had a bunch of cancellations.

Just wondering if it was the same for our event. People book hoping to go and then can't get away and cancel. The economy and the rest are certainly taking a toll.

Anybody plan to cancel or on the fence?

racesdad 10-21-2008 01:49 PM

It Will Happen. We Had To Cancel Our Trip To Dubia 2 Years Ago Because Of Employees

otis311 10-21-2008 01:54 PM

Greg, Are you going. Im looking to fill a seat for some extra gas $$ if you need a ride in a lil old Cig. ( I know..its no MTI) , But if you need a ride let me know. You and Teddy are always welcome

Sydwayz 10-21-2008 02:30 PM

I just booked!! We're going to run Clark's AT with Stu this year on Thursday.

CAP071 10-21-2008 03:52 PM

I'm booked and paid. I 'm not gonna cancel. I just won't piss away as much when down there.

TomFTM 10-22-2008 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2721611)
I just spoke to a an agent in KW and she told me it seems to be sold out for the PR/Races.

She did say that it was the same two weeks before Fantasy Fest and they have had a bunch of cancellations.

Just wondering if it was the same for our event. People book hoping to go and then can't get away and cancel. The economy and the rest are certainly taking a toll.

Call the pier house, and if they dont have anything ask to be put on the waiting list . They were sold out when I called a couple of weeks ago, but I left my name and # and they called back a few days later with a room...

berns29scarab 10-22-2008 01:32 PM

get in touch with Dave P...theres someone in the NJPPC looking to split a room i believe.

jayboat 10-22-2008 01:45 PM

I was talking with an art director at a KW ad agency a couple weeks ago... he told me things are way down this year.

BattleCry 10-23-2008 12:03 AM

We canceled the house. It was cheap...$5,000. It cost $1,000 to cancel it and had to give up the deposit of $500. So, $1500, not to go to Key West. Engine troubles, forces us to stay home. I thought it was cheap, though. Last year, from home to Key West and back home. our group of 5 spent more than $45,000. Note: 2 members of our group have a serious Strip Club addiction. That number could have been closer to $25,000 without Strip Club tariff. I hope everyone has a great time down there!

shoregasm 10-23-2008 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2721611)

Greg,

Just booked rooms...almost everyone that states "full" that I called had rooms....interesting that they are not full but still asking high dollar for the rooms...including the Pier House having many available......

FYI.....