Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[

I just missed a 03 38 ZRC Donzi was listed for 150k sold for 83k.[/QUOTE]

that better not be the boat im waiting on financing on
Old 10-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 320es
I have a buddy trying to sell a clean 25 sunsation for 25% less than any other one on the market and he isn't getting any serious calls. IT sure makes me glad I sold my 32' when I did. Now I just have a little 24' that I have less money in than alot of people have in outdrives. Its shopping season for me.

more info on the buddy's sunsation.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

If the trade down plus cash was to me, no the Nortech is gone. I am high dollar boat less. I am now looking for 2 boats, a 35-40 CC and a 38 ZRC. If I can swing it a 38 ZFX donzi will be the CC. and I want the ZRC to have 525's in it. I should be able to get both for about the same per month I was paying on the NT and less to insure both since the HP is a lot less.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
......people with 85K cash are probably working the market.
Yippy !!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered

I got lucky myself... sold my Baja back in July at high book... Was an extremely clean boat but nothing special about the power or anything - just stock. It was just timing like anything else - right buyer, right boat.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Credit is shut down for most.......people with 85K cash are probably working the market.
It is hard to belive credit isn't available based on all the special financing calls, emails, mailings and television commercials I am getting/seeing.

$85K is a lot of cash. But I would agree, for someone in the market, you have her priced very well.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

with the rate exchange as of today, (28%), the nice part is all my boat inventory is now worth 28% higher than ... 6 months ago! On the dark side, it is now is now 28% tougher and more expensive for me to buy boats (or anything else) in the States than it used to and import them... So I guess Canadian buyer will likely buy less in U.S. ... for 28% reasons....
Old 10-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
with the rate exchange as of today, (28%), the nice part is all my boat inventory is now worth 28% higher than ... 6 months ago! On the dark side, it is now is now 28% tougher and more expensive for me to buy boats (or anything else) in the States than it used to and import them... So I guess Canadian buyer will likely buy less in U.S. ... for 28% reasons....
Very valid point...

I feel your pain...

Divenstar
Old 10-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by divenstar
Don't get your hopes up...

We normally purchase 20-30 homes directly from the banks monthly...Across the nation...

We are current liquidating properties from our portfolio and are having the same problems you are experiencing with your boat...

Renters aren't paying, buyers can't get financing and investors want the properties for nothing...

In addition...an empty property means a stripped property...

If you are a marginal/cash poor investor/landlord and don't have the cashflow ride out the market down turn...

Then, expect many sleepless nights...

For example...

We've listed this 30 day auction property 3 times...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170271354782

Good Luck...

Divenstar

Sounds like a great time to buy as long as you are the investor getting them for nothing. In my area 80k liquid will get you three to four two bedrooms at the moment all of which would rent for at least $600 a month per home on section 8.

I suppose it all depends on your location and whether you want to be a flipper (not gonna work at the moment) or you want to have the passive rental income. Divenstar, it sounds like you deal in a lot of properties and I not knocking what you are experiencing but saying that there are more opportunities now than ever (as long as you can weather the storm).

Hopefully your boat will sell and you can pic up some houses so in a couple years you can have a bigger faster boat...

regards,

Josh

Last edited by baywatch; 10-23-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
Sounds like a great time to buy as long as you are the investor getting them for nothing. In my area 80k liquid will get you three to four two bedrooms at the moment all of which would rent for at least $600 a month per home on section 8.

I suppose it all depends on your location and whether you want to be a flipper (not gonna work at the moment) or you want to have the passive rental income. Divenstar, it sounds like you deal in a lot of properties and I not knocking what you are experiencing but saying that there are more opportunities now than ever (as long as you can weather the storm).

Hopefully your boat will sell and you can pic up some houses so in a couple years you can have a bigger faster boat...

regards,

Josh
Section 8 housing is a PAIN in the A$$, at least for me it has been in the past!

Quick Reply: Is anything selling now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.