Notices

Is anything selling now?

Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03darkshadow
most people are either tire kickers or they're scared of what the economy is doing. A lot of people may lose their jobs and if that is a possibility then they arent going to buy a boat. but someone buying a boat like yours i doubt worries about losing their job. 85k does sound like a hell of a deal.
I used to think the same thing. The truth today is that anyone can lose their job, even the owner.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Nothing is selling, people are afraid of many things changing in their lives/income.
Hope it gets better soon.
Dean
Old 10-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered

I'm an energy trader, but I also own 50% of one of my areas largest custom home building companies. Even this last year we kept chugging right along. We raised prices about 50K on our 550K model. After 2 months we dropped it 50K and the bargain hunters came in by the droves. If you aren't showing someone a bargain they will not buy. We did very well through this year, about 20 homes with a 600K average, but now it has entirely dried up. We have a 2 stroy model that we sell for 425K and it appraised at 478K even with a forward looking market adjustment of -5%. We had 3-4 serious hit at our first open house without the home even being complete. A lawyer and pharmacist could not get financing and the other cannot give his existing home away. We have a home under construction for about 1.2mil and it is now sitting because it's lawyer owner has lost his ass on his Florida home and the stock market. It has gotten scary in the last 60 days. Other than that it's fuggin peachy.
We've dropped this one to 415K, includes lot, all tops granite, 3,200 sq. ft, professional grade appliances, etc, etc..

Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by isellpower
I'm an energy trader, but I also own 50% of one of my areas largest custom home building companies. Even this last year we kept chugging right along. We raised prices about 50K on our 550K model. After 2 months we dropped it 50K and the bargain hunters came in by the droves. If you aren't showing someone a bargain they will not buy. We did very well through this year, about 20 homes with a 600K average, but now it has entirely dried up. We have a 2 stroy model that we sell for 425K and it appraised at 478K even with a forward looking market adjustment of -5%. We had 3-4 serious hit at our first open house without the home even being complete. A lawyer and pharmacist could not get financing and the other cannot give his existing home away. We have a home under construction for about 1.2mil and it is now sitting because it's lawyer owner has lost his ass on his Florida home and the stock market. It has gotten scary in the last 60 days. Other than that it's fuggin peachy.
We've dropped this one to 415K, includes lot, all tops granite, 3,200 sq. ft, professional grade appliances, etc, etc..

thats a beautiful looking home!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Well i sold the 30' cruiser last week and the Cigarette this week, so yes they are selling, but as for price both were way lower than they should have been.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:50 PM
GDM
Registered

imho the market is real bad in both real estate and boats

i recently sold a small twin outboard cat , i had to give it away

i just bought a 45 wellcraft excalibur . i found the cleanest one i could find , all fresh water , and offered them way less money then any of the other ratty/salty ones out there , and they excepted my offer. and even though i feel i got a good price i have to wonder that if things keep going the way they are going i still may have paid too much , next year people may be selling them even way cheaper than i got mine for

also i have a small peice of waterfront properrty for sale and i cant even give it away

http://longisland.craigslist.org/reo/882235150.html

Last edited by GDM; 10-22-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered

Even at complete "give a way" prices boats are still sitting.
A few months ago i turned down a few serious 140k offers- where are they now....i just reduced the price on my Eliminator to $ 119k -
it's killing me to see such great boats go so cheap.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:32 PM

I have a buddy trying to sell a clean 25 sunsation for 25% less than any other one on the market and he isn't getting any serious calls. IT sure makes me glad I sold my 32' when I did. Now I just have a little 24' that I have less money in than alot of people have in outdrives. Its shopping season for me.

Last edited by 320es; 10-22-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered

I am in the market to buy and I hate to say it but I am waiting till rock bottom for the best price. I hate to beat up anybody in the boat biz but when the market was good and I would try to get a good deal on a trade and they would offer me 50-60k for a 50 Nortech on trade that needed nothing F U. So now I have cash and good credit so if the boat is listed for 150k I will start off with a 70k offer, somebody will take it and I will get a good deal. If any of the dealers I talked to would have made me a fair deal then I would have done the same.

I just missed a 03 38 ZRC Donzi was listed for 150k sold for 83k.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

You willing to trade down plus cash?

Quick Reply: Is anything selling now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.