Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   DKWestern Halloween Charity Party (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197859-dkwestern-halloween-charity-party.html)

tmager 10-25-2008 08:31 PM

DKWestern Halloween Charity Party

As many of you may know one of our fond members DKWestern, Darren Kahl had a freak accident that caused him a spinal injury that has left him paralyzed.

This is a quote from offshoreonly from his brother in January

Hello, This is Darren's brother. He fell at my house and injured his neck. He was fully concious the whole time, no coma. He had a couple surgeries and is in the ICU still. They are getting him ready for Re-Hab. He is getting better everyday, it is a VERY SLOW process and will take a while to get him back to 100%. Please keep your thoughts and prayers with him, we really appreciate it.
Thank You,
Kris Kahl

Here is another quote from August from Darren himself:

I am at home going to outpatient rehab at the spinal cord recovery unit at the DMC in detroit. Still a long way to go but it is a slow recovery and I am making progress.

So as you can see its been rough year for Darren and his family. I have had the pleasure meeting him at our fun runs and poker runs. He is that genuine great guy that every talks about and an asset to our family of offshore boaters.

Saturday November 1st there will be charity halloween party thrown to help raise money to help out in his time of need. I am just passing this flyer along but I have set up a paypal account for those that would like to donate and cannot make the party.

here is the account to send money to [email protected]. I plan to present a check at this party to show how we come together to help our fellow members and help out the best we can.

Featuring numerous ghoulish creatures & Mark the D.J.
PARTY FROM 7 P.M. TO MIDNIGHT

Costumes are recommended ~It’s Halloween! There will b
e prizes for all costumed guests!
QUESTIONS? CALL GLEN
AT (313) 407-7979
Located at
19520 Mack Court
Map quest for directions
Cost: $50 per person (all proceeds benefit Darren Kahl)
THE STORY OF HAUNTED GARAGE PRODUCTIONS AND DARREN KAHL

Thank you for your continued support of my Halloween parties. As most of you are aware, last year I formed a new company
called Haunted Garage Productions. My goal was to take my Halloween haunts to a new level by hosting company parties/
charities. I also wanted to turn my annual Halloween party into a charity event to help someone in need.

This year’s party is dedicated to Darren Kahl. I met Darren and his family at a Formula Boat Rendezvous in the summer of 2006.
What struck me immediately was Darren’s kindness and that of his family. We spent a great amount of time together during the
weekend event. In the summer of 2007, I had a chance meeting with Darren at a Detroit Tiger game. Darren was very polite and
again thanked me for the memorable boat ride that I had given him on my Formula boat the previous summer.

In August of this year, I was reacquainted with Darren’s parents Keith and Dana at a off-shore racing event in St. Clair. As I
shook hands with them I noticed a gentleman sitting in a wheelchair...it was Darren. Darren had suffered an accident earlier in
the year, leaving him unable to walk. Through all of his challenges, his positive attitude and zest for life were unchanging.

My goal for this year’s event is to give Darren and his family a party to enjoy while also helping with his recovery. I hope you will
show your support and attend this event. If you have never been to one of my Halloween parties, I assure you it will be an event
that will be talked about for years. Please complete the adjacent information, make your check payable to Darren Kahl and mail it
to me. Your name will be on the guest list for the November 1st party.

Thank you for considering this worthwhile cause. ~ Glen
Name: ___________________________________
Address: __________________________________
Phone: ________________ Cell: ______________
Email: ___________________________________
$50 per person, make check payable to Darren Kahl
Number of Guests: ____ Total Enclosed: _______
Guest Names: _____________________________

26scarab 10-25-2008 10:02 PM

Tom,
Thanks for making this post. Darren is a great guy and I wish him the best. We plan on having a group of people going to the party. I'll see you there !!