Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BOATPIX.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197876-boatpix-com.html)

Maritime_Eng 10-26-2008 09:33 PM

I have some great pictures from them. You can call them and negotiate the price you are willing to pay. I bought 3 pictures for what I thought was a good price.

Boatally Insane 10-28-2008 09:26 PM

I saw a "boatpix" copter heading south out of Austin today on a trailer.......

...........wish I had my camera handy to take a few pic's and send out to them :evilb:

Doug

socalstone 10-28-2008 10:20 PM

How could these phucks still be in business?
I read the other thread. They should be strung up by their balz.

In2Deep 10-29-2008 12:35 PM

I saw a "boatpix" copter heading south out of Austin today on a trailer.......

...........wish I had my camera handy to take a few pic's and send out to them

Doug
Was out on the water at Travis a week ago, and this chopper buzzed me twice, and tooks some pics. I was going to check them out on the internet. Guess not.

I2D

runafever 10-29-2008 02:41 PM

I used them twice now over the years. Never had one issue with them and they always did what they said they were going to do. Never had a bit of trouble at all. I don't honestly know what all these threads are about? These guys make a living taking hard to get photos of boats from a chopper. Put a price on that.:Whatever:

RAF

JetJock 10-29-2008 02:55 PM

Talked with a lady at Boatpix, said I didn't need a Credit Card to look at the pictures they took...she did say I would have to wait a few weeks for the pics to get to her before she could send them via email. I'll update along the way.

Boomer35 10-29-2008 02:56 PM

I bought 2 pics from them, paid 100$ for one and 75$ for the other,

you just have to play by there rules, i amagine they have been screwed 10000000 times by guys getting proofs or the pics and just scanning or making more copies,

granted, im sure they have f'ed their fair share of undeserving people as well, i say play by there rules, but there rules are a little one sided too......

OldSchool 10-29-2008 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pure Energy (Post 2725401)
I've had pics from them 3 diff. times and never had any issues. You can get them to e-mail you proofs but they will be lower quality and watermarked. Pick the ones you want then give them a lowball offer. They will take a lower offer because it is better than nothing!!

Make sure you correspond by e-mail and get everything in writing!!!

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng (Post 2725405)
I have some great pictures from them. You can call them and negotiate the price you are willing to pay. I bought 3 pictures for what I thought was a good price.

What they said. I had a good experience with them....and paid less than half of what $$ they wanted!:cool: I said do you want something for the pictures ....or nothing for the pictures, it's your choice!!!:drink::evilb:

Panther 10-29-2008 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 2727699)
What they said. I had a good experience with them....and paid less than half of what $$ they wanted!:cool: I said do you want something for the pictures ....or nothing for the pictures, it's your choice!!!:drink::evilb:

I've also had multiple experiences with them since 1998, no issues for me.

Rottiguy 10-29-2008 10:27 PM

They just sent me some pics, I thought they sucked! Might as well have been taken from the top of a pontoon boat. I paid 25 bucks and sent them back.