Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BOATPIX.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/197876-boatpix-com.html)

rchevelle71 07-01-2009 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by JetJock (Post 2901142)
You might want to have your "Chopper" pilots review the FAR's on flying low taking pictures..ie within 500 feet.

FAR's (FEDERAL AVIATION REGULATIONS)

the FAA loves to REVOKE a Pilot's certificate for such actions.

I am a 10,000+ hour Pilot and I was NOT IMPRESSED by the stick jockey that was attempting to take pictures of my boat and others.

FAR PART 91.113 Careless and reckless operation of an aircraft

Jet,

Believe it or not, at one point, not sure if it is still like this, they had a pilot training program, you get to learn how to fly a helicopter if you go up an take pics for them. Just think, your the photographer, want you license, and the pilot just got his license last week, come on lets go fly low over these boats in the inlet:eek:

LubeJobs42 07-01-2009 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by boatpix (Post 2901117)
I'm the President of BOATPIX and log on occasionally. Yes, I'm a speedboat guy myself. I think I photographed my first poker run in Maryland in 1990. Photographed more poker runs and races than I can count. I think there are people that want to buy pictures and they do. These people report in these threads that they have had great experiences with our company and usually the list that they are repeat customers. I think most of our customers are happy. We sure try darn hard to make them happy.

I have contacted your office several times regarding the negative information one of your people submitted to the credit reporting agencies regarding pictures your people claim were sent to me and not returned. My letter have gone unanswered.
I have literally thousands of helicopter photos of my boats form the 100's of poker runs and races I have been in. I would have no reason to keep your photos without paying. Just about anyone on here can tell you that is not something i would do.

Why don't you have the negatives removed from the 3 credit reporting companies and that would make me "PRETTY DARN HAPPY"!!
GINO

RebarBox 07-01-2009 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by boatpix (Post 2901117)
I'm the President of BOATPIX and log on occasionally. Yes, I'm a speedboat guy myself. I think I photographed my first poker run in Maryland in 1990. Photographed more poker runs and races than I can count. I think there are people that want to buy pictures and they do. These people report in these threads that they have had great experiences with our company and usually the list that they are repeat customers. I think most of our customers are happy. We sure try darn hard to make them happy.

In reading the last page of responses... You might try a new business strategy to make them happy. :party-smiley-004: